Board index PBase Show and Tell Need your comments - Please help

Show and Tell

Need your comments - Please help

Announce and discuss your photos.
yalop

Need your comments - Please help

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:19 am

Many of you have looked at the galleries showing the ugly side of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict:
http://www.pbase.com/yalop/project ,
and http://www.pbase.com/yalop/bomb

I am glad that I had the opportunity to witness something very different and hopeful.

Hope you will share it and forward the link to people you know - this is a rare event in the middle of the chaos:

http://www.pbase.com/yalop/parents

I encourge you to leave comments on this new gallery. Thank You !
Last edited by yalop on Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

yalop

Need Your Comments

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:02 am

I would apriciate your commnts on the new gallery.

My main question:

Are the visuals enough to tell the story ?

Can you tell who is Israeli and who is Palestinian just by looking at the photos ?

Or: to tell the story one must read the caption ?

Thank You,

Yal

perception

Re: Need Your Comments

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:43 pm

I only know this (western press + independent Israeli press! ).
Both make HUGE mistakes (Palestins and Israëli's)
I c'ant say : Hey these are right and those are wrong.
First of all: STOP THE (Berlin) WALL NOW.
No more attacks on innocent israeli's and palestinian people.
Ok!: c'ome on schoot a chirld of 6 year because he trows a few stones to a M1 Tank!!!! (redichoulous). BUT SCHARON & ARAFATH are both bloody gangsters, history proves they d'ont are peacemakers.

The solution?: I have none, only if the two sufferd partys wanne STOP this real stupid groundwar they have to FORGIVE and try to FORGET (easyer said then done!).

I Cenceerly hope that the jews and muslims SOON 'll live beside eachother. But now we have to deal with a third factor: AL-QUAIDA followers, they destroy just to DESTABLE a country. On 9/11 these COWARDS tried it in the U.S., the twin towers (Manhattan), the Pentagon and almost the White House. What have we learned out of these COWARDLY ATTACKS: Jews, Christian, muslims, non believers STOOD HAND IN HAND TO HELP, all the lost of hard working Fireman (i thought over 380 DIED in the Twin Towers site alone). This is REAL brotherhood. But as long as AL-QUAIDA stays busy (last week in Turkey) we MUST respond with the MOST POWERFUL WEAPONS!!. Its my opinion, my Gov.. has other ideas over this (or no soldiers enough trough cuts?).
Now a few thousands Belgian Troopers are in the Balcan! and other places.
Anyway i am a lifetime member of the NRA: For the people NOT against them (2é U.S. Ammandment)

Pat.

ang1970

Post Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:31 am

It is not immediately apparent to me who is Israeli. It is natural to assume the people wearing hijab are Palestinian. Given the political climate of the area, I would expand the assumption that everyone in the picture is Palestinian - unless there were something blatant, such as the soldier wearing Israeli emblems on his uniform. And even then I might be inclined to think, "is this guy a spy for Palestine trying to infiltrate the Israeli army?"

Then again, the similarities between them might be worked to your advantage in telling another story... to illustrate how the people senselessly killing each other are all brothers and sisters.

With the captions there is a story for sure.
Without the captions there is still a story, but very difficult to decipher if you are not intimate with the region. (customs, dress, etc)

I wish you luck as you bring these stories of hope to the world.

Cheers,
Angelo

Board index PBase Show and Tell Need your comments - Please help