Board index PBase Feature Requests Password protected gallery?

Feature Requests

Password protected gallery?

Request changes or modifications.
kirksfotografix

Password protected gallery?

Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:01 am

Is there a feature to post a gallery that can be password protected? Is one in the works? Example - I put a family photo gallery on my site but I don't want every tom dick or harry to view it, only the people that i have provided the password to. Comments / Suggestions welcome.

thresholdprod

Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:13 am

Right now there is no password feature.It should go without saying but don't give out yours to get around this issue.

There has been word from slug and team that this would become a feature. There wasn't any timeline laid out.

Your best bet is to make it a private gallery or upload those photos to a yahoo group or profile briefcase where you can cotrol who has access by profile id.

Hope this helps

Bill
"Assassins!"
- Arturo Toscanini (1867-1957) to his orchestra

robinsmh

Post Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:45 pm

Can I put in a request for this feature as well please ?
Thanks.

twro

Post Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:22 pm

On Sept 7, I received the following response from Emily regarding my question as to when password protection would be implemented. I'm hoping she won't mind, as it would answer this question for others as well. Here was her reply:

"Unfortunately, there are many changes that must be made to implement
password-protected galleries. So, it is a big project. With the recent
database problems, all other projects were put on hold. It will probably
be several months, but I can't be sure. Sorry for the inconvenience. Let
me know if you have any questions."

Thanks,
Emily S. Humphrey

I don't like the answer, but hey, at least she was upfront about it. I can live with it as long as the site itself remains up and response time is good. Still a very good bargain for those who pay.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Password protected gallery?