Board index PBase Feature Requests Placement of navigation items

Feature Requests

Placement of navigation items

Request changes or modifications.
25thlondon

Placement of navigation items

Post Fri May 11, 2012 2:39 am

PBase default layout is set so that the top menus and the photo navigation are placed either on the left or right hand side of the screen. However on large screens this places them away from the galleries and photos which are centered.

For instance I use a 24' wide screen monitor. Rarely would any of my photos be wider than 1000 to 1200 pix. On my wide screen this places the "tree view | thumbnails | slideshow" & "previous | next" links to the far right of the screen, well away from the photos. I would like to see these links in particular orientated perhaps at the right side of the photos width or maybe even centered, so I don't have to mouse across to the far right each time.

Another suggestion. Differentiate the look of the thumbnails for galleries and photos. Quite often I have to do a double think whether it is a gallery or photo thumbnail. Maybe just me but that's the way I see it.

And a little aside from comments on other topics. Many of my web viewers are retired and not the most savvy web users. I tried most other photo web sites and chose PBase for its simplicity and cost, which I see is what attracts many other users. Please don't change and just be another face in the crowd. Not everyone is a GenX or Y tech head.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Placement of navigation items