Board index PBase Feature Requests Adobe Lightroom PBase Export Plugin - PBasic v1.0

Feature Requests

Adobe Lightroom PBase Export Plugin - PBasic v1.0

Request changes or modifications.
reneg

Re: Adobe Lightroom PBase Export Plugin - PBasic v1.0

Post Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 pm

The correct EXIF should be:

1/500 sec at f / 3.2 at 73 mm full exif

ac

Re: Adobe Lightroom PBase Export Plugin - PBasic v1.1

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:57 am

Works well lucidity ! It was a highly needed tool, and I appreciate your work.
I just ask two new settings :
1. The ability to upload files in the state where they are on my HDD, without adding jpg compression. This setting increases my file size, or else touches to sharpness.
2. Could it be possible not to open a new PBase session each time I upload ? But this is less important IMO.

Thanks again.

edombek

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:20 pm

reneg wrote:Fantastic!!!

Thank you very much for that Plug-in. Uploading is very fast!

One little bug I noticed is when you show the EXIF data below the photo, it shows like this:
¹⁄₅₀₀ sec at f / 3.2 at 73 mm full exif

The exposure time is showing as weird characters.

I echo the comments with LR 2.2. Upload very fast. THANK YOU!!!

I am getting the scrambled EXIF info as well.

ac

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:58 pm

The ability to upload files in the state where they are on my HDD, without adding jpg compression. This setting increases my file size, or else touches to sharpness.

It is now a real problem for me, I must stop using your module (file size doubles while uploading).
BTW, it has stopped to open my site after each upload. I don't know the reason.

ac

lucidity

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:10 am

ac wrote:
The ability to upload files in the state where they are on my HDD, without adding jpg compression. This setting increases my file size, or else touches to sharpness.

It is now a real problem for me, I must stop using your module (file size doubles while uploading).
BTW, it has stopped to open my site after each upload. I don't know the reason.

ac

Hi ac,

Sorry for the late reply, this plugin and anything like that are not a high priority for me at the moment. I'm doing so much programming at work I forget about pbase and this :)

Anyway, nothing in the plugin does anything to file size or sharpness, they are seperate export settings that you can control yourself.

For example, the process to export a photo goes something like:

Lightroom opens your file, applies the Develop changes (in ProPhoto colourspace), applies colourspace conversion, sharpening, any other post processing and at the end sends it to my plugin. My plugin checks to see if the gallery exists, if not it creates it, and then uploads photos. It doesn't change anything - just uploads the jpg Lightroom gives it.

As for the EXIF data, I wanted to save the image title, description and location data on PBase. To do this I have to emulate what happens when you press the Update Image button on the Edit Image page. This means I have to send the exposure info as well, which is made from the lightroom EXIF data for the image. The lightroom EXIF data uses a funny symbol for 'f' in for example 1/125s f/1.8 at 13mm which I try to strip out and replace with a normal f... This might be the problem. I could load the Edit Image page and read the data and then save it back but this would take ages. Is that a better solution for people? Anyway, I have done the creating a gallery inside another gallery bit and will have a lot at this problem and post a better version soon.

lucidity

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:13 am

New version: http://www.tinderboxdesign.com/PBasic-20090223-v1r2.zip

Changes:

- Create directory within existing directory.
- Upload photos as originals or some other format
- Choose whether to open browser on completion
- Choose whether to save the metadata (title, caption, location etc.)

I can't recreate the dodgy exif data problem. To stop it happening turn off saving the metadata for now. To anyone that has this problem, is the OS default language english? I ask this because it might be a character encoding problem.

bugs77

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Does your plug-in work on a Mac?

lucidity

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:09 pm

yes, lightroom plugins are just lua scripts (text files), and work on any OS. You can modify the files yourself if you like. Look up "lightroom SDK" for a description of the functions.

bugs77

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks lucidity! I got it! It works perfectly!!! That's what I was looking for!!! :D GREAT!

I'm having the problem with metadata, my OS is in Italian.
I've turned off the save metadata function and... it transfers the metadata correctly!!! That's strange but it works!

ac

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:12 am

Thanks a lot lucidity, and congratulations.
Completely fits to my needs now.
ac.

lucidity

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:40 am

bugs77 wrote:Thanks lucidity! I got it! It works perfectly!!! That's what I was looking for!!! :D GREAT!
I'm having the problem with metadata, my OS is in Italian.
I've turned off the save metadata function and... it transfers the metadata correctly!!! That's strange but it works!

Does it transfer the title and caption for the image in lightroom? That's what I meant by metadata - title, caption and I think location.

ac wrote:Thanks a lot lucidity, and congratulations.Completely fits to my needs now.ac.

No worries, glad I could contribute. Also if you add anything to the code, be sure to post it :)

By the way - when you upload the pictures, do you typically edit each image on PBase to change the title etc? Just curious.

I finally got an SLR. Be sure to see more photos of my own soon :D

ac

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:01 pm

I do nothing on PBase but deleting the original titles, sometimes adding new ones. Typically, there is no exif information in my shots (save for web in CS3).
Thanks again.

flying_fox_tony

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:22 am

I just downloaded the file, anyone else used it yet?
Need bigger balls to install it though LOL ;-)
Any conflicts with other programs like Genuine Fractals plug in?
I lose all my caption / keyword and title info when in my work flow as I import with LR, edit and title etc with LR, then convert with C1 (that strips all the keywords etc) to tiff or jpeg. Then put those back into LR for resizing for PBase and upload one at a time. Shame that C1 doesn't hold the title info etc! Off topic I know, sorry!

flying_fox_tony

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Anyone using this? How is it going, i tried to add it to the plug in manager, and sort of did, but not sure that LR saw it, ie when I went to use it, I had no idea how!!

callieian

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:51 pm

I installed this in Lightroom on my XP laptop while travelling and it worked great! Everything was perfect ... Now I'm home and transferred everything to my PC and the plugin won't connect to my pbase account. The only thing I can think of is that I am using 64-bit Vista installation of Lightroom. Would this make a difference to how the plugin connects?

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Feature Requests Adobe Lightroom PBase Export Plugin - PBasic v1.0