Board index PBase Feature Requests Lens List

Feature Requests

Lens List

Request changes or modifications.
jsnow

Lens List

Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:03 am

Would it be possible to add a hack to allow us to delete lenses from our lens list? There are a couple that I no longer own/use, and I'd like to shorten my lens list to the few I DO use.

scherrer

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:30 am

Same problem here ! There are some CAMERA BODIES and LENS that i no longer have, and i would like to ERASE them -from now on- from the list that appears when i upload new pictures.

Thanks in advance,

J-P.

merlotadl

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:05 am

I want to add my support to this request for editable lists.

Lenses and camera bodies come and go, so it is a nuisance to have to pick your way through out-dated listings for users trying to keep photo info up to date.

Further, I'm finding that once a lens selection is entered in the photo info, it cannot be altered - even if in haste the wrong tab was clicked.

Brian

gsansoucie

Post Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:55 am

Ditto, same boat here. . .

victorwkli

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:26 pm

I concur.

tomleroy

Re: Lens List

Post Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:01 pm

And now it is 2015.... I'd like to DELETE some lenses and camera bodies from my listing how about it??? ADMIN!

scherrer

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:11 pm

9 years have gone by... and still NO RESPONSE whatsoever from the Pbase staff !

BAD, BAD, BAD !

:(

con_foley

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:50 am

It's now almost August 2015 and pBase hasn't added any new cameras or lens to either the Nikon or Canon lists. The last updates were in 2014.

I guess Nikon and Canon haven't made anything new since 2014. :?

akmc_in_au

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 pm

con_foley wrote:It's now almost August 2015 and pBase hasn't added any new cameras or lens to either the Nikon or Canon lists. The last updates were in 2014.

I guess Nikon and Canon haven't made anything new since 2014. :?

Hi Con,

I suggest you make a request through Support; they aren't automatically added, but rather done in response to user requests. I requested that the newish Olympus 40-150 f/2.8 pro be added earlier this year, and it was done pretty quickly. (I can't recall how quickly but I don't think it was more than a handful of days.)

con_foley

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but I have tried 3 times already sending an email to cameras@pbase.com which was suggested as the correct avenue. No reply.

FYI- the lens you requested that was added was in 2014. Seems they were still supported requests in 2014.

Just try searching the Nikon, Canon, Sony camera/lens list. Nothing has been added in 2015. It seems they are no longer supporting requests to add cameras and lens in 2015.

tomleroy

Post Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:31 pm

I emailed SUPPORT about this issue a few months ago, never heard from them except they said they would get back to me.
:(

akmc_in_au

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:02 pm

con_foley wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the response, but I have tried 3 times already sending an email to cameras@pbase.com which was suggested as the correct avenue. No reply.

FYI- the lens you requested that was added was in 2014. Seems they were still supported requests in 2014.

No it wasn't. I made the request to cameras@pbase.com at 18:35 Saturday 17 January 2015. This was just after I'd bought the lens, and I was one of the first (here, at least) to have it. I got an e-mail back advising that it was added on 29 January 17:18 my time. Initially the lens didn't have the "f/2.8" as part of the name so I requested that it be added on 1 Feb 15. I got an e-mail back advising that it had been done on 4 March. (Though I think it had actually been done earlier than that from memory; it took over a month before anyone else started tagging their photos with it. Until then there were only my shots.)

And they were still adding new lenses in 2015, such as this.

tomleroy wrote:I emailed SUPPORT about this issue a few months ago, never heard from them except they said they would get back to me.

Try sending it to the cameras address above, but make sure that you include all of the relevant details. A link back to the manufacturer's site so that they're clear which lens or camera you're talking about would be a good idea.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Lens List