Board index PBase Feature Requests Div layouts

Feature Requests

Div layouts

Request changes or modifications.
olliemaitland

Div layouts

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:29 am

As a future advance towards customising the look of the pbase area I think it would be excellent to have a div related layout rather than tables as this allows for a much more versitile layout with CSS.

An example for people who don't know what i'm on about : http://www.csszengarden.com/

glenneroo

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:13 pm

yep yep, this would be excellent! not to mention would save some HTML code and clutter and enable people to write much better CSS scripts :)

the only problem with div's that i can see is that IE handles everything differently than Opera, Mozilla-base and IE-Mac browsers... :?

so far Firebird/Mozilla are the only browsers i can find that properly support all of the CSS features as per CSS spec. :roll:

as for Tables, they've been around forever and so every browser supports them 100% and 100% consistently.

srijith

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:16 pm

glenneroo wrote:enable people to write much better CSS scripts :)

What is a CSS script?

glenneroo wrote:the only problem with div's that i can see is that IE handles everything differently than Opera, Mozilla-base and IE-Mac browsers... :?

Yes, this will be a problem for people who wants to use the box models etc. But then what is preventing them from using hacks to work around browser quickrness?

Board index PBase Feature Requests Div layouts