Board index PBase Questions and Answers novices need help

Questions and Answers

novices need help

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kingnqueen

novices need help

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:35 am

Call us green, but we can't seem to get our images uploaded. We're fairly new to the posting process and need help. Just became trial members so be gentle! Any assistance would be appreciated. :( :? :?:

adamstw

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:19 am

Fisrt of all--congratulations on your marriage!
You can upload into your "inbox" or you can create a new directory.
Either way, you will see a box that says "upload imgaes" , hit the browse button and find the image file on your computer. click open. At this point you will return back to see the white box with the address of your image file inside. Now click on the "upload image" button. You may have to wait some time here, depending on the size of your file and your connection speed. Be patient and you should have it....good luck. :)
Randy A
Taiwan

srijith

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:30 am

To add - The Help Page does really contains good helpful tips! :) If you get stuck or have a basic doubt, it will most probably be answered there. If not, just post it here and one of us will try to help out.

sheila

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:00 am

Welcome to PBase and congrats.

May I suggest a workflow to upload images to your gallery.

Select image you want uploaded.
Do any necessary adjustments, sharpening etc in Photoshop or whatever software you have.
Then resize the image (to save space in your gallery (as you are limited being a trial account) and time uploading). I normally don't upload any image more than 200kb or more than 640 pixels at longest edge. You can use Save for Web and pick the values you want. Always rename the image you have saved so you can find it on your hard drive - ie. Our cat Dougal becomes "Our cat Dougal for web". Then follow instructions from Randy. One thing against Save for Web is that it deletes the EXIF data but I'm sure you won't be too worried about that for now! I don't use Save for Web as I use Fred Miranda's actions to post process and resize my images.

Good luck - its a huge learning curve but it does become easier.

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

skwo

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:24 pm

I too am very green. I was wondering what are the benefits on uploading pictures on pbase vs. places like ofoto/shutterfly. I gave it a shot to see for myself but I'd like to hear some of what other people have found out already.

Thanks.

- Stephen

ilanphoto

Why chose Pbase

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:04 pm

I have tried a few such places over the last two years and decided to pay my dues to Pbase. Hard to pin point the exact reasons as we each have our own agenda but I found pbase to be the most user friendly and the easiest to use. Moreover you can get to some excellent web authoring results with no prior HTML knowledge.
In short, best value for money.
I think also the way the trial account gives you a feel of all the features help me decide :o

Board index PBase Questions and Answers novices need help