Board index PBase Questions and Answers Recommended image size

Questions and Answers

Recommended image size

Ask if you need help using PBase.
reimar

Recommended image size

Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:49 pm

I can't seem to reply to this thread. So I'm trying a new one...
Thanks for that. I have spent the whole day working on this. I have settled on using 800 pix max for landscape and 750 max for portrait. At an "80" quality setting for jpeg the files are under 100 kb. I used irfanview to batch process files which was quite easy. Problem is the irfanview plug-in for EXIF info only seems to work with jpeg files, and my finished pictures are saved as tiff (with LZW compression). Any ideas on how I can post the EXIF info without having to re-size and compress every picture manually in photoshop elements?
Thanks.

saputra77

Re: Recommended image size

Post Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:30 pm

reimar wrote:I can't seem to reply to this thread. So I'm trying a new one...
Thanks for that. I have spent the whole day working on this. I have settled on using 800 pix max for landscape and 750 max for portrait. At an "80" quality setting for jpeg the files are under 100 kb. I used irfanview to batch process files which was quite easy. Problem is the irfanview plug-in for EXIF info only seems to work with jpeg files, and my finished pictures are saved as tiff (with LZW compression). Any ideas on how I can post the EXIF info without having to re-size and compress every picture manually in photoshop elements?
Thanks.

sorry to reply late, there's no way I know there's a new header unless I come back here.

I got confused, the order goes like this correct: TIFF-->JPEG

and I guess you already find out how to do batch processing with the Adobeelement (V2): FILE--> batcprocessing.
there you can specify that file to save to (gif,JPEG,TIFF,etc), the size, B&W/sephia, etc

reimar

recommended image size

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:56 am

I find the batch process in my Photoshop elements 1 is useless. I can't set the size of the final jpeg (without distorting the picture), nor the compression amount. Judging by the poor quality jpegs that result, it looks like the quality setting is about 60. Looks terrible.
You'd think there would be one program that could compress and resize tiffs and still keep the EXIF info.

saputra77

Re: recommended image size

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:15 am

reimar wrote:I find the batch process in my Photoshop elements 1 is useless. I can't set the size of the final jpeg (without distorting the picture), nor the compression amount. Judging by the poor quality jpegs that result, it looks like the quality setting is about 60. Looks terrible.
You'd think there would be one program that could compress and resize tiffs and still keep the EXIF info.

At least in Photoshop element 2, you can choose final setting of the JPEG to be Low, medium, hight, and max. the medium gives terrible result as far as I can recall. I havent' tried for TIFF but the JPEG settings keep the EXIF (so it should work for TIFF as well).
regards,
-Adi-

jasmee98

Re: recommended image size

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:09 pm

I use Adobe Photo Album to batch resize my images. It give me options of high, med, low... and there are diff levels within the high, med, low.

APA also retains the EXIF data. :)

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Recommended image size