Board index PBase Questions and Answers recommended image size

Questions and Answers

recommended image size

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ReimarG

recommended image size

Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:17 pm

I started downloading 4Mp images that I compressed to about 1Mb in jpeg. This is still a big original file. What do people recommend for posting pictures? I am getting worried about people downloading these relatively high-res images. Can I watermark them in pbase to minimize this? Can I disable viewing the original size?
Any recommendations much appreciated. I've looked for this infor but can't find it.

saputra77

Re: recommended image size

Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:17 pm

ReimarG wrote:I started downloading 4Mp images that I compressed to about 1Mb in jpeg. This is still a big original file. What do people recommend for posting pictures? I am getting worried about people downloading these relatively high-res images. Can I watermark them in pbase to minimize this? Can I disable viewing the original size?
Any recommendations much appreciated. I've looked for this infor but can't find it.

Hi Reimar,
I am using 600x400 pixel, with maybe about 170dpi resolution (photoshop default for monitor resolution).
if you use pshop element you can save the file as low as 65-100kb with minimal image degradation compared to original JPEG (from my canon and sony), that using "save for web" option. THis ensure fast upload for the low bandwith access.

I think 600x400pixel 170dpi (or less) is useless for printing purpose. You can watermark them, but i hate to see watermarks. others may have different opinion.

most of my images in the 'recent gallery' are saved with 'Save for web' with less than 100kb, you can check it out at http://www.pbase.com/uno/recent_additions

regards, :D
-adi-

Board index PBase Questions and Answers recommended image size