Board index PBase Questions and Answers Advertising allowed on pBase?

Questions and Answers

Advertising allowed on pBase?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
isabel95

Advertising allowed on pBase?

Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:59 am

One of the things I like most about pBase is the lack of advertising. Isn't this site supposed to be non-commercial? Yet I find people advertising their prints for sale.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Isabel :?:

altofran

Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:17 pm

You are free to put whatever you want in your personal account, you paid for it! I personally disagree with ad banners, and if someone adds some in his/her pages I usually don't stay long at his/her site.

That's about ad banners. Regarding prints sale, I don't see what's wrong with that, if someone thinks his pictures are worth sale, good for him.

lwh

Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:59 pm

I agree with nacef 100%.

srijith

Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:26 pm

nacef wrote:You are free to put whatever you want in your personal account, you paid for it!

Except put up p0rn, or at the least stuff that you can't pass off as artistic nudity.

altofran

Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:24 pm

srijith wrote:Except put up p0rn, or at the least stuff that you can't pass off as artistic nudity.

Of course!!

thresholdprod

Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:41 pm

If its your own adult photos its acceptable.However if you're try using pbase for photo storage from images you gathered from the web that's wrong and so is using the account to spam about your paysite.

If you have on your profile page a link where you mention you do a pay site, that would be one thing. But we had an a**hole that made the url links his gallery names and posted copyright notices that were the url's and kept spamming the forums.

Myself the basic human body bores me. I see nothing wrong with it and clothes are totally optional but don't expect me to get excited unless there is some clothing or shadow play going on :D

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Advertising allowed on pBase?