Board index PBase Questions and Answers Filenames appear in gallery instead of thumbnails

Questions and Answers

Filenames appear in gallery instead of thumbnails

Ask if you need help using PBase.
gtepke

Filenames appear in gallery instead of thumbnails

Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:47 am

All was going well until tonight when I tried to upload more photos. Now, the filename appears in the gallery instead of a thumbnail. The filename also appears in the edit gallery page where the thumbnail should be. The image is there if I click on the filename. I tried regenerating the thumbnail to no avail. Here is an example.

http://www.pbase.com/gtepke/passeriformes

The same problem occurs in other galleries as well. Any idea what is going on? Thanks

Glen

srijith

Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:05 am

I think you are getting stumped by the "ALT" HTML tag. It looks like pbase is having some problem displaying some thumbnails. In your case it looks like it cannot display "021226 Golden- Sparrow 0107.jpg".

When the browser tries to display that thumbnail and fails, it then tries to do the next best thing, show the Alt tag text associated with the image. This is what you are seeing as the "file name".

Hopefully the thumbnail problems will get resolved soon. A couple of others have also raised this in the forum.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Filenames appear in gallery instead of thumbnails