Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to see original size images

Questions and Answers

Unable to see original size images

Ask if you need help using PBase.
reddington

Unable to see original size images

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:36 am

I don't seem to be able to see the original sized images any more, even though the option is available. There is simply no image on the page. The other standard sizes are all visible.

Is there something wrong?

Martin

srijith

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:11 am

It is there and I can see it. Can you check your personal firewall, proxy server settings. We have had cases of people using Zone Alarm not being able to see images of big sizes.

reddington

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:55 am

Thanks. That was it. I just configured Zone Alarm to allow pop-up ads from pbase and it works. I updated the program at the end of August so it probably reset the privacy settings.

Martin

azleader

What was that solution??

Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:30 pm

reddington wrote:Thanks. That was it. I just configured Zone Alarm to allow pop-up ads from pbase and it works. I updated the program at the end of August so it probably reset the privacy settings.

Martin

You said, " I just reconfigured Zone Alarm to allow pop-up ads from pbase and it works". Could you explain the exact steps involved? I have tried in vain and can't figure out how to do it.

I have exactly this same problem and it was caused after I upgraded my Zone Alarm 4.0.146.029

azleader

Never Mind...

Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:49 pm

Please disregard that last post. I figured out how to fix this original size display problem.

Just so others might know, this is how it is done with Zone Alarm Pro on a PC:

1-Launch Zone Alarm Pro.
2-Click "Privacy" on left of screen.
3-Click "site list" tab at top center.
4-Click "Add" button and add http://www.pbase.com if it is not already in the list
5-Right click http://www.pbase.com and select "Options". A small pop up dialog appears.
6-Click "Add Blocking" tab to display the add blocking options for this site.
7-If checked, click once on "Banner/Skyscraper adds" item to allow it.
8-Click the "Apply" and "OK" buttons to finish the update.

This should fix the problem. If not go back perform the same steps as above and do the same for the "Pop up/pop under " banner add if it is checked.

srijith

Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:40 am

Thanks azleader. Next time someone has the same problem, we know where to point them to :)

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to see original size images