Board index PBase Questions and Answers Not all thumbs show up

Questions and Answers

Not all thumbs show up

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ilanphoto

Not all thumbs show up

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:22 am

It is noe Friday 26 sep 11:22 server time and I have noticed a strange thing. In each row of thumbs there is exactly one thumb missing in my galleries and in some random one I looked at.
Did anybody else encounter such a phenomena?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ilan

yp

Problem with Thumbnails, too

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:34 pm

I am having the same problem...there's an "x" in almost 50% of my galleries...help! Yvonne (pbase/yp)

srijith

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:36 pm

Guys/gals.. I would like to help, but without more info I just won't. Have you read the "sticky" post by the slug (the admin)? Its right there at the top of the forum.

Anyway, this usually is a transient problem and would sort by itself in an hour or so.

procyon_g

Maybe this will help clarify

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:41 pm

For at least the last six hours, the gifs in the banner of all the pages ("Pbase, Search, Popular", etc.) are not loading. Photos are taking verrrrry long to load if at all. Many of the thumbs for my galleries do not load. It seems as if one of the image servers is down.

ilanphoto

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:47 pm

srijith wrote:Guys/gals.. I would like to help, but without more info I just won't. Have you read the "sticky" post by the slug (the admin)? Its right there at the top of the forum.

Anyway, this usually is a transient problem and would sort by itself in an hour or so.

Hi srijit
Yours is the voice of reason :lol:
But pray, what more information do you want.
Pictures don't load, thumbs don't load, gifs on the top of the page don't load. Is this the end of the world?
I am hoping that it is transient so I at least wrote the exact time of the post, only afterwords I saw the time is redundant.

mamaqilla

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:30 pm

I am experiencing the same.... waiting so long to load that I get window that says images may have been "removed or deleted"... some images do load after several minutes, thumbs are x'ed out. Not my computer, other sites are working. ??

mamaqilla

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:32 pm

mistake ! the window says "MOVED or deleted"

dkusner

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:53 pm

I've been having the same problem for several hours. In my root gallery (http://www.pbase.com/dkusner) one thumbnail doesn't show up, and other thumbnails don't show up in sub-galleries. When I click on any image in any of my galleries, there is a long wait and the picture doesn't load.

The thumbnails that aren't displaying seem to be ones I've updated recently. I'm using Mozilla for my browser. I have not saved any images with PhotoShop 7. It looks like there are serious problems right now.

I also tried IE and that is much worse (many things not displaying at all on any pbase page).

jasmee98

Same Problem

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:07 pm

I am having the same problems...
pbase menu buttons not showing up
some thunbnails in my gallaries not showing up
Server seeming very slow

I have tried IE6 and Opera

Things are a little speedier in Opera, but still no buttons

lizardbeth

I've read two posts by you today. Why so hostile?

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:26 pm

We love and appreciate PBase. Is trying to find out why things are so wonky an attack? I don't think so.

srijith wrote:Guys/gals.. I would like to help, but without more info I just won't. Have you read the "sticky" post by the slug (the admin)? Its right there at the top of the forum.

srijith

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:37 pm

ilanphoto wrote:Hi srijit
Yours is the voice of reason :lol:
But pray, what more information do you want.
Pictures don't load, thumbs don't load, gifs on the top of the page don't load. Is this the end of the world?
I am hoping that it is transient so I at least wrote the exact time of the post, only afterwords I saw the time is redundant.

Sorry about that post of mine :) When you said thumbnails not showing up, I thought it was for a particular gallery and not the whole of pbase.

Yes, I too can confirm that the download is taking time and sometimes timing out. It doesn't seem to be whole North America network problem (http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm).

So it had got to do with the pbase server. But the strange thing is ping to pbase.com takes about 237 ms from Singapore, which is not bad! It looks like an HTTP server problem to me..

I hope slug comes across this or you can PM or email him personally.

srijith

Re: I've read two posts by you today. Why so hostile?

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:43 pm

lizardbeth wrote:We love and appreciate PBase. Is trying to find out why things are so wonky an attack? I don't think so.

It definitely is not. it is just that over the several weeks on pbase, I have been replying to posts from users where they complain their galleries are not showing up, with red Xs all over the place without them even mentioning which gallery!

Does the user expect people who are trying to help to first find out the problem on their own and then suggest solutions?

As I replied earlier, I should not have said what I said, but what is done is done.

BTW, please take note that I am in no way associated with the pbase admins. So, please do not take my replies as being the sentiments of the people who run pbase. They are better people :)

wingspar

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:44 pm

Same thing here. Pbase is all messed up. Some of my images will not post at all. Most of the Pbase icons are showing as links, not images. Took a while to find the link to the forum.

ilanphoto

Re: I've read two posts by you today. Why so hostile?

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:09 pm

srijith wrote:
lizardbeth wrote:We love and appreciate PBase. Is trying to find out why things are so wonky an attack? I don't think so.

It definitely is not. it is just that over the several weeks on pbase, I have been replying to posts from users where they complain their galleries are not showing up, with red Xs all over the place without them even mentioning which gallery!

Does the user expect people who are trying to help to first find out the problem on their own and then suggest solutions?

As I replied earlier, I should not have said what I said, but what is done is done.

BTW, please take note that I am in no way associated with the pbase admins. So, please do not take my replies as being the sentiments of the people who run pbase. They are better people :)

srijith
I for one, appreciate your help on the forums. I know you are not an admin, but yet you answer one and all with a lot of patience and endless knowledge. <BR>
This said I would only add <B> thank you </B> <P>

You also asked the question the other day, <B> where are the admins?</B> it seems like a self sustaining site except for now when something broke :(

minoltaman

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:30 pm

:evil: I bummed we just lived through the one week crash and I paid more money too buy more space. Now less than amonth later thintgs seem to be sucking again. Are the admins asleep at the wheel? They might be busy but it would be nice if the site would become a bit more stable. Seems to be jacking up rather regularly.

ps. I love pbase.

Will someone please fix the trouble. Certainly this is not a traffic issue today. Slow, sluggish, no page loads, red x's, dadadada...

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Not all thumbs show up