Board index PBase Questions and Answers Trying to post a profile photo..help

Questions and Answers

Trying to post a profile photo..help

Ask if you need help using PBase.
baileyzim

Trying to post a profile photo..help

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:03 am

* I download a photo....and I get it to post on my profile page...BUT IT ALSO APPEARS on my root gallery for ALL to see!!
And when I go to "edit gallery page"...I don't see any box that says "Make this gallery Private"".

Can you figue out what I'm doing wrong??

altofran

Re: Trying to post a profile photo..help

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:25 am

baileyzim wrote:* I download a photo....and I get it to post on my profile page...BUT IT ALSO APPEARS on my root gallery for ALL to see!!

I don't get it! You don't want your profile picture to be public on the root gallery, but you publish it on your profile page?!

baileyzim wrote:And when I go to "edit gallery page"...I don't see any box that says "Make this gallery Private"".

Can you figue out what I'm doing wrong??

The root gallery is the only gallery that has not the 'private' flag; if you want to keep any pictures private:
- Create a gallery and uncheck this gallery can be viewed by anyone flag.
- Copy the pictures into that gallery, NOT the root.

Note that if you copy your profile picture into that gallery, the picture, as well as the gallery will be accessible from public.

baileyzim

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:36 am

Opps.....I worded that incorrectly. The profile image appears 1)on the profile page...and 2) the same image appears as a gallery titled, in-box on my root-gallery.
So when you see my root gallery there are two galleries 1) Rome 2)My profile image

maybe what I need to ask....where should I "load" my profile image, before I install it on my profile page?

it's 3am...maybe I need sleep............

thresholdprod

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:14 am

I would think you should be able to move the photo where ever you want. the profile page should link to the photo by way of the image number on pbase not the location.

gundamz

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:25 pm

thresholdprod wrote:I would think you should be able to move the photo where ever you want. the profile page should link to the photo by way of the image number on pbase not the location.

agree

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Trying to post a profile photo..help