Board index PBase Questions and Answers Why can't anyone see my photos? Blotchiness solved.

Questions and Answers

Why can't anyone see my photos? Blotchiness solved.

Ask if you need help using PBase.
violetskiles

Why can't anyone see my photos? Blotchiness solved.

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:36 pm

I finished my uploads last night for my first Pbase gallery. (I began as a
"free" customer to try it out...my photos looked awful: pixelly and blotchy
until I became a paying customer. It would have helped alot to know
this ahead of time, I was ready to give up! After I paid, they suddenly
looked great.....) My problem now is: I sent the address to view my daughters wedding photos to a bunch of people, and I'm getting e-mails
from all of them saying they can't see any photos! When I click on the
link I send them, I'm taken right to my site and they are there, why can't
anyone else view them? Is it because I unchecked the box to make my gallery be non-public? I assumed if I did that, that people I gave the address to could view them!

thresholdprod

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:42 pm

Not sure why. If you gave them the link to the gallery( it has to be to the exact galley not your root gallery). It should work if set to private.

Did you also set the images to private?

Just out of curosity why hide wedding photos? Other people can look at them and get plans for their own weddings.

srijith

Re: Why can't anyone see my photos? Blotchiness solved.

Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:40 pm

violetskiles wrote:Is it because I unchecked the box to make my gallery be non-public? I assumed if I did that, that people I gave the address to could view them!

If you make an album private, you have to give your friends the extact album URL, like http://www.pbase.com/violetskiles/wedding

If you just give the URL as http://www.pbase.com/violetskiles/ ur friends will be as lost as any other casual visitor.

violetskiles

Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:45 am

Thanks for the replies. The problem was that I had listed my root gallery as non-public, I changed that and now everyone can see them. I was confused about the public/private gallery option.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Why can't anyone see my photos? Blotchiness solved.