Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can I create a Private Gallery

Questions and Answers

Can I create a Private Gallery

Ask if you need help using PBase.
mrchef1

Can I create a Private Gallery

Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:14 am

I have several galleries that have family vacations and other stuff...I'm doing a web site for my daughters cheerleading team and I want to create galleries for them....but I don't want the team to see my other galleries...it seems there should be an easy way to do this or do I need to pay for another account....???

Thanks in advance for your help...
mrchef

altofran

Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:03 am

You can put any gallery to private by doing the following:

1. Go to the gallery you want to keep private, click on 'EDIT THIS GALLERY'
2. In the edition page go to 'PUBLIC GALLERY and leave EMPTY (UNCHECKED) the box named 'THIS GALLERY CAN BE VIEWED BY ANYONE'.

To test if it worked, logout from your account and go to your root gallery (or gallery at one level up from updated one), you should not see this gallery unless you logon or give the direct link to your friends and family.

thresholdprod

Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:20 am

For what your wanting it would have to be two seperate accounts or all galleries would have to be private.

The private gallery system is designed to protect one gallery from the public not a certain group of people from a select group of galleries.

srijith

Re: Can I create a Private Gallery

Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:41 am

mrchef1 wrote:I have several galleries that have family vacations and other stuff...I'm doing a web site for my daughters cheerleading team and I want to create galleries for them....but I don't want the team to see my other galleries...it seems there should be an easy way to do this or do I need to pay for another account....???

Thanks in advance for your help...
mrchef

Well, if you do not want the chearteam to see the rest of the picts, I assume that you would not want normal public like me and my cat to see them either. In that case, you will have to make all albums private and then share the chearteam album URL with the cheer team and the family album url with the family.

However, if the case is that you don't want only your cheerteam to see your family picture, but do not mind me and my cat to see them (hm, why would that be the case, cheerteam is also general public), then you will need two account.

Confused? I am! :)

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can I create a Private Gallery