Board index PBase Questions and Answers Banner Adverts on PBase ?!?!?!?!

Questions and Answers

Banner Adverts on PBase ?!?!?!?!

Ask if you need help using PBase.
tradescant

Banner Adverts on PBase ?!?!?!?!

Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:48 pm

I've been browsing quite a few galleries the last couple of days and for the first time I've noticed banner ads in the galleries. The latest example was one for Amazon.co.uk on one of the galleries from a guy living in the UK.

I'm curious to know if this is PBase inspired or is it something Users can add to their galleries?

One the major attractions of Pbase is the lack of advertising. I'd be real disappointed if ads start creeping in more and more. :(

Slug or team - can you clarify what's happening please?

Thanks.

David.

altofran

No ads banners added by PBase

Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:10 pm

Hi,

All ads banners on PBase (I've seen some) are added by users, the policy of PBase is very clear about that. The guy you're talking about must have added the banner for sponsorship by amazon.

Good day,

thresholdprod

Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:49 pm

Proving once again while letting people get away with html and scripts can be a bad thing.They aren't doing anything wrong per say but its not in the spirit of trust and good will PBase is built on.

Bill
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way
around the laws.- Plato (427-347 B.C.)

altofran

Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:52 pm

Hi thresholdprod,

I agree, but I think that anyone who adds banners harm his site, usually people (at least me and others I know) won't go back to see his pages!!! So I really don't care, as long as it's not PBase that do it.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Banner Adverts on PBase ?!?!?!?!