Board index PBase Questions and Answers Cannot upload to my galeries

Questions and Answers

Cannot upload to my galeries

Ask if you need help using PBase.
dalantech

Cannot upload to my galeries

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 am

1) I am a paying member (just thought I'd get that out of the way before anyone asks).

2) I haven't uploaded anything in months, and when I try to upload now I get a standard browser error saying that the server cannot be reached.

3) I can view my galleries, and even edit them. I just can't upload new photos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Dalantech

srijith

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:20 am

I just tried one and it seems to work fine on my account. Can you try again. Maybe the server was being rebooted or there was some passing connection problem.

fernan_bag

Also can't upload new photo to my gallery

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:24 pm

I can't upload new photo to my gallery when i log in my account, i can't see upload form, normally it always has, but in this week...it's disappear so i can't upload new photo
Please help me......i don't sure that cause is about pbase server..or not.
Thanks.

thresholdprod

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:27 pm

You have a trial account Fernan Bag.

Trial accounts are limited to 10 megs and a 30 day upload period. After that you need to become a supporter or you images can be deleted.
For more information http://www.pbase.com/pricing.html
Bill Freeman
"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but usually consumes the bandwidth of more than two thousand." --Gym Quirk
Many great words of wisdom and advice http://www.pbase.com/help http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

dalantech

Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:48 am

srijith wrote:I just tried one and it seems to work fine on my account. Can you try again. Maybe the server was being rebooted or there was some passing connection problem.

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

*Sigh*

If I can't add photos them I'm gonna have to find another site to store pictures online.

dalantech

Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:53 am

Your Payment History
Date Amount (US Dollars) Method
19-May-2003 $23.00 paypal

I'm only using 18MB of storage space (I have 100MB allocated to me).

dalantech

Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:42 pm

It's definately related to the size of the image. I'm not sure what the limit iks, but if I try to upload a picture (about 1.6 MB) then I immediately get the error. Uploading small images works fine. It's almost as if there is a file size limit set on the server, or on my account.

dalantech

Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:06 pm

Now that I'm on an IDSN connection I can upload. While connected to the Internet via broad band I cannot...

thresholdprod

Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:51 pm

That sounds like a firewall conflict issue. What are you using for a firewall and/or virus scanner?

dalantech

I fixed it

Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:22 am

It turned out to be a problem with Squid Web Cache at my ISP. There are a couple of configuration settings in the squid.conf file that have to be changed.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Cannot upload to my galeries