Board index PBase Questions and Answers Images displayed are often not the ones selected for viewing

Questions and Answers

Images displayed are often not the ones selected for viewing

Ask if you need help using PBase.
Joe Filer

Images displayed are often not the ones selected for viewing

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 pm

When I view photographs in galleries (my own or others), I often get a previously viewed photograph (distorted if the new one has different dimensions) or a completely unrelated photograph from a different gallery. Clicking Refresh will display the expected image. This has begun happening recently.
Any idea if I have a problem with my computer, or is this a pBase bug?
:(

treebz65

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:25 pm

Are you using a Netscape browser? I use Netscape 7 and I get this odd behavior every so often when browsing, especially when doing a Google image search. The Microsoft browser that I use at work doesn't seem to have this problem.

srijith

Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:07 am

Haven't had this problem with IE, Opera or Mozilla firebird. So most likely the problem is at your end!

filer

I use Internet Exploere 6/Windows XP

Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:25 pm

I have been using Windows XP with IE 6 for a couple of years. I have only noticed that this problem had began within the last couple of weeks. (since the time that pBase was down for extended period) That is why I question where the problem might be.

9/15
This problem continues, and only noticable on PBASE. I have tried reloading Internet Explorer and resetting the default settings, trying different combinations of firewall settings. All to no avail. Really a bummer to have this difficulty in pBase galleries while being able to breese through other web sites.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Images displayed are often not the ones selected for viewing