Board index PBase Questions and Answers Viewers making changes to your Galleries

Questions and Answers

Viewers making changes to your Galleries

Ask if you need help using PBase.
jim_panzee

Viewers making changes to your Galleries

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:43 am

I'm pretty sure this can't happen, but not 100%. Is it possible for people viewing your galleries to make changes or delete photos.
JimP.

rach1966

others changing galleries

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:35 pm

not without your password to log in under your name.
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

peterb

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:25 pm

The only way this could happen is if you e-mail a link to your site when you are logged in. Log out before you send the link and all will be safe.

jim_panzee

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:38 pm

If I send a link to a forum site, (for someone to view one of my photos) and don't log out before I send it, could this happen.

srijith

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:00 am

Dont think it ever happens, even if you are logged in, unless if you have not logged out and someone else who uses your same computer surfs using it and makes changes.

peterb

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:35 am

srijith wrote:Dont think it ever happens, even if you are logged in, unless if you have not logged out and someone else who uses your same computer surfs using it and makes changes.

Well, maybe not but I have a couple of posts in my personal forum that appear to have been made by myself. They were not and the only thing I can assume is that they were comments from people that my sister sent the link to after I sent it to her while I was logged on.

decloedt

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:11 pm

peterb wrote:They were not and the only thing I can assume is that they were comments from people that my sister sent the link to after I sent it to her while I was logged on.

That just isn't possible, unless the computer they used to connect to the site was already logged on. Sending someone a link while you are logged on will not automatically log them into your PBase account. Computers just don't work that way.

ltobias

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:22 pm

peterb wrote:Well, maybe not but I have a couple of posts in my personal forum that appear to have been made by myself. They were not and the only thing I can assume is that they were comments from people that my sister sent the link to after I sent it to her while I was logged on.

Was this "peterb" really logged in (blue color)? I can also make an comment as peterb in your guestbook, but the name would be black (like an guest).

Leif

peterb

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:35 pm

ltobias wrote:
Was this "peterb" really logged in (blue color)? I can also make an comment as peterb in your guestbook, but the name would be black (like an guest).

Leif

Those (the ones not made by me) comments are in black not blue. Huh? People are funny I guess.

dalboz

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:11 pm

I had a similar confusion earlier this year (ie. "I" was posting in my own forums) ... and then I realized that I'd logged in to pBase on a friend's computer, and she was posting comments on my galleries, not realizing that I was still logged in and thus showing her comments with my name. Needless to say, it was easily resolved. ;)
Your solution could be similar! (and I hope it's as easy)
-Matt

wandering_stars

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:51 pm

This has happened to me. I was surfing around in here, logged in as always from my home computer where I live alone (so no one else is using it.) Then since I was intrigued by the photo a day gallery that Paulwalt has up, I shared the link with some friends in an online community of artists. the link looked normal (something like http://www.pbase.com/galleries/paulwalt I think and then forgot about it. it was brought to my attention by one of the artists who had gone to his pics and left a comment that the comment showed up as being from me.
True Story.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Viewers making changes to your Galleries