Board index PBase Questions and Answers Stats down!!!!

Questions and Answers

Stats down!!!!

Ask if you need help using PBase.
10stephen10

Stats down!!!!

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 pm

When are the stats coming back online????
Last edited by 10stephen10 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

deutsch

Re: Stats down!!!!

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Yes, I noticed that as well. Last update was 9 April. Came here to see if there's some typed of system issue, and noticed your comment. Perhaps later today or tomorrow they'll be back up? Is this the correct place to post issues that Pbase will see?

10stephen10

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 am

I have no idea. As far as I'm concerned this is the best place as any to voice a concern about a feature that is not functioning!!!

dw_thomas

Re: Stas down!!!!

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:02 am

I have noted the same thing. At the bottom of the main page (www.pbase.com) is a link for "Contact PBase" that gets you to an email messaging screen. I reported the stats problem and have received an (automated) email that it at least showed up at their end.

I have a vague recollection that support@pbase.com is also a legitimate contact.

The commonly held theory is that these forums are for we users to chatter amongst ourselves -- or help those who are having problems -- but there is no guarantee The Management(tm) reads the forums. That said, there have been a couple of responses here from staff within the past dozen months.

DaveT

richo

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:46 am

10stephen10 wrote:When are the stats coming back online????

Seem to be working now.

dw_thomas

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:10 am

richo wrote:
10stephen10 wrote:When are the stats coming back online????

Seem to be working now.

My experience is they've been working all along, but the last date for which they show data is April 9. I tried logging out, then in, etc. and the last bar is still April 9. Also tried clicking 'root', then 'aggregate', still no joy.

(Another reason not to encourage "enhancements" -- even what's here seems to wobble from time to time! :twisted: )

Ah well,
DaveT

10stephen10

Post Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:16 am

Stats DOWN.......FIVE DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!! :evil:

10stephen10

Post Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Stats Down................SIX DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

10stephen10

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Stats Down................SEVEN DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!! Staff must be on another "GURU MEDITATION"

parpho

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:44 pm

This appears to be a really big deal in a very small circle. The cumulative stats are increasing daily so if you absolutely have to know what is going on do the arithmetic. Alternatively, you are averaging 333 hits a day, easy enough to keep track of. I would also point out, as of yet, the lack of heavy hitters involved in this thread. The sky is not falling and at some point the dailies will reappear. If ever the phrase "It is what it is." was applicable this would be it. Better to spend the time continuing to make fine images.
IMHO,
Michael

10stephen10

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:01 am

"OMG"...Michael....Really, "Very Small Circle, Heavy Hitters and just do the math".......
It sounds like the "Small Circle" just got a D. Trump Tweet.........

I think you should know the "Very Small Circle" will continue to remind Pbase staff, using this Forum, that one of the features of this Site "Is not working"........
Its like what you said and what I'll say "It is what it is"........

S. Hall

davecq

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:21 pm

I see I'm not the only one. My stats have not been updated since the 9th April either. Not good enough from a paid-for service.
Dave.

10stephen10

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Stats Down................EIGHT DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!

dw_thomas

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:58 pm

parpho wrote:This appears to be a really big deal in a very small circle. The cumulative stats are increasing daily so if you absolutely have to know what is going on do the arithmetic. Alternatively, you are averaging 333 hits a day, easy enough to keep track of. I would also point out, as of yet, the lack of heavy hitters involved in this thread. The sky is not falling and at some point the dailies will reappear. If ever the phrase "It is what it is." was applicable this would be it. Better to spend the time continuing to make fine images.
IMHO,
Michael

OK, I get your point .... BUT ... The stats have been working fine for say, two or three years. They have been a part of PBase since the beginning (or at least 2005 that I'm aware of). Suddenly out of the blue, they act up and there is no reaction -- no "we're addressing an issue with Stats" notice, zip point nada. This is not the way to build a business or keep your customer base. I do in fact record the aggregate count in a spreadsheet just for grins, but my question remains: what changed? And who is doing something about it? We do pay for this site -- admittedly not much -- but it would be nice if it worked.

As to the daily tagging of the problem, my suggestion still remains that complaining about a problem in this forum is less likely to produce results than flooding support@pbase.com with email. I can however remember a time when their email was apparently broken, so who knows.

merriwolf

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:52 am

On 13 April, I emailed PBase support about the 'Aggregate daily page view' (aka Stats) not updating since 9 April and got the usual automated response that same day acknowledging receipt of my email but have heard nothing further from PBase and the problem still exists.

Makes one wonder if anyone is minding the ship.

Gordon W
http://www.pbase.com/merriwolf

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Stats down!!!!