New Pricing

Ask if you need help using PBase.
mwphoto0524

New Pricing

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:52 am

Surprised to see this.....

New Pricing - More Storage for Same Price

23-Jul-2017

We have increased storage from 1000MB to 2000MB, but the price remains the same.
$23 = 2000MB (12 credits)
$43 = 4000MB (24 credits)
$60 = 6000MB (36 credits)

If you have already paid for 1000MB, you now have 2000MB available to you.

richo

Re: New Pricing

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:39 pm

mwphoto0524 wrote:Surprised to see this.....

New Pricing - More Storage for Same Price

23-Jul-2017

We have increased storage from 1000MB to 2000MB, but the price remains the same.
$23 = 2000MB (12 credits)
$43 = 4000MB (24 credits)
$60 = 6000MB (36 credits)

If you have already paid for 1000MB, you now have 2000MB available to you.

Seems to be a positive sign that there is still life backstage working the system Too bad the marketing end is not able to show its face more and come visit the forums.

reticulatus

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:56 pm

richo wrote:Seems to be a positive sign that there is still life backstage working the system Too bad the marketing end is not able to show its face more and come visit the forums.

Or maybe, so many people have left PB which has created a lot of free space on the servers, that they are using this offer in an effort to stem the flow?

akmc_in_au

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:19 pm

reticulatus wrote:
richo wrote:Seems to be a positive sign that there is still life backstage working the system Too bad the marketing end is not able to show its face more and come visit the forums.

Or maybe, so many people have left PB which has created a lot of free space on the servers, that they are using this offer in an effort to stem the flow?

That doesn't quite work. As far as I know PBase does not delete inactive galleries. There are still galleries from people who died years ago on here. This is the opposite of (for example) SmugMug which, once your payment has expired, will choke your inbox with daily threats to delete your galleries if you don't shovel more shekels their way, until they day comes when they carry out that threat.

if I look at the galleries of my favourites who have left the site, I'd say that only a minority have deleted their images; most have just walked away and abandoned them. (Or worse, as noted above.) I don't think this would account for there being a massive increase in available space.

gailb

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 pm

I've used pBase for a very long time and continue to support it. I've tried other places and always came back to this one because of it's simplicity and because it meets my needs.

Others can visit my photo gallery and I can give links to galleries to my friends and families. I think the photos display very elegantly.

I visited a well-respected photographer's gallery at Flickr a few days ago and every time I switched to a page, I got a nag screen to join flickr. Imagine walking through a brick-and-mortar gallery and every time you move to look at the next picture, someone runs up to you and asks you to join the gallery?

pBase gives me a true online gallery experience...without nags, without annoying, in-your-face ads, without photos sliding around or wiggling on a page; to name a few of the distractions.

mardoli

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:00 pm

I fully agree with you!
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

halinhi

Post Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:54 am

New pricing much appreciated. Have been a member since 2001, a paid member since 2002. Like some of the others, I have tried other photo sharing/storage sites and keep coming back to pbase. Yes, a lot of the others are free with more storage space, and yes pbase support/response can be patience-testing at times.. But I have yet to find another photo site that offers the 'elegance' (as another poster put it) as pbase does. Also, in all fairness, Emily has responded fairly quickly to several of my email queries throughout the years.
My two-cents, Hal

Board index PBase Questions and Answers New Pricing