Board index PBase Questions and Answers Uploads

Questions and Answers

Uploads

Ask if you need help using PBase.
chiles400

Uploads

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:20 am

What happened to the extended upload feature ?

enigmawmn

Re: Uploads

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:10 am

Same Q here.

dw_thomas

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:35 am

If you are referring to the ability to highlight and drag a block of files to the browse button. I think it's been over a year since it quietly went away. I recall sending some emails to The Management(tm) at the time, but can only confirm it still doesn't work as of two days ago. :(

You can drag filenames one at a time and build up a stack, then click upload. That still worked last I tried.

DaveT

chiles400

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Not that - the ability to upload several pictures at once - a click brought up a list they you could fill with pics

richo

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:15 am

chiles400 wrote:Not that - the ability to upload several pictures at once - a click brought up a list they you could fill with pics

Not sure what list you are talking about, but if you use the standard "edit gallery" link you will see at the top right below the gallery name a horizontal menu of links. One of those links is "upload" which brings up a list that you can populate with images then click upload to upload all of them. The other option of using a zip file still works, but if there are lots of images it might fail or take forever.

jeanb

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 am

richo wrote:
chiles400 wrote:Not that - the ability to upload several pictures at once - a click brought up a list they you could fill with pics

Not sure what list you are talking about, but if you use the standard "edit gallery" link you will see at the top right below the gallery name a horizontal menu of links. One of those links is "upload" which brings up a list that you can populate with images then click upload to upload all of them. The other option of using a zip file still works, but if there are lots of images it might fail or take forever.

This feature has disappeared!!! I've sent an email but I know all I'll get in response is that auto answer and then silence.

richo

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:22 pm

jeanb wrote:
richo wrote:

This feature has disappeared!!! I've sent an email but I know all I'll get in response is that auto answer and then silence.

I still see the feature I described on my edit gallery page. I am also seeing a link to something called phase uploader that I don't remember before. NOTE: I do not see the upload link on my root gallery but it is still there on my other galleries.

dw_thomas

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Out of curiosity, was this feature in the old original editor or the "new" drag and drop (or both?)

I can't honestly remember any separate way of creating a list (but I'm old and set in my ways! :lol: )

In the new drag and drop version, I used to be able to select a block of a dozen or more files and drag it to the 'Browse' button on the Upload screen. At that point, the block of filenames would appear under the Browse button as a list with a 'remove' link next to each individual name so you could edit the list. I can still populate a list that way, but only by dragging one filename at a time. As I recall, this misbehavior appeared about a year or so back, but at the time I had also recently had a Win7 update and a Firefox update and wasn't even sure the problem was PBase.

I guess the glass half full is that if stuff is changing, there must be somebody out there poking their fingers in the system! :lol: :shock: :mrgreen: :o :lol:

DaveT

richo

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:19 pm

dw_thomas wrote:Out of curiosity, was this feature in the old original editor or the "new" drag and drop (or both?)

I can't honestly remember any separate way of creating a list (but I'm old and set in my ways! :lol: )

DaveT

Dave,
I remember the upload menu item showing up several years ago when the upload zip feature was having issues. It might have been there before but I just didn't notice it. I think I tried the drag and drop when I was on Win 7, but it didn't seem to be better or it just didn't work for me. I do know from debugging Phase pages that they are not checking the browser version correctly. I also do not think their code works well with current browser versions. But I don't seem to be having as many issues as others....Yet!!

jeanb

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:21 pm

AHA. I just discovered the batch upload.. It's now near the top of the edit page where it reads..

edit views: full edit | sequencing | upload | advanced | pblog upload

lance_b

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:16 pm

jeanb wrote:AHA. I just discovered the batch upload.. It's now near the top of the edit page where it reads..

edit views: full edit | sequencing | upload | advanced | pblog upload

Thank you for that!

Why is it they can make some changes but not update the lens data base? I am still waiting for the Nikon 105 f1.4E and the new Nikon 70-200 f2.8E FL VR. I have sent about 4 emails requesting the 105, but it is still not on the data base!

lainesphotos

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:16 am

Jean & Lance....that option has been there for a very long time. It's not something new.

jeanb

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:40 pm

lainesphotos wrote:Jean & Lance....that option has been there for a very long time. It's not something new.

Has it? It was always on the edit gallery page underneath 'choose file' 'upload image' where it said something like 'upload multiple images' and you got a drop down window. Maybe it was in two places and I never noticed..

richo

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:50 am

jeanb wrote:
lainesphotos wrote:Jean & Lance....that option has been there for a very long time. It's not something new.

Has it? It was always on the edit gallery page underneath 'choose file' 'upload image' where it said something like 'upload multiple images' and you got a drop down window. Maybe it was in two places and I never noticed..

It has been there for at least 3 or 4 years or more. I remember it showing up when they went to the drag and drop which did not work for some (me included). The option to upload a zip file has been there even longer.

chiles400

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Thanks Richo - found it - use to be an option for that in the upload to gallery section but this is the same in a different spot. Using the zip file upload changed the order of the pics . Now if the delete originals just worked consistently...

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Uploads