Board index PBase Questions and Answers Upload Zip files?

Questions and Answers

Upload Zip files?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
bill_hansen

Upload Zip files?

Post Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:23 pm

I used to be able to easily upload .zip files, made with WinZip, to Pbase. Now I can't upload .zip files, but I can still upload individual files, at least up to a size of 250 kb or more. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I've sent an email to support@pbase.com but I also note that most people here have had no luck at all in getting support.

Thanks - Bill Hansen

richo

Re: Upload Zip files?

Post Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:33 pm

bill_hansen wrote:I used to be able to easily upload .zip files, made with WinZip, to Pbase. Now I can't upload .zip files, but I can still upload individual files, at least up to a size of 250 kb or more. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I've sent an email to support@pbase.com but I also note that most people here have had no luck at all in getting support.

Thanks - Bill Hansen

How many images were in the zip file and what was the size?
Which compression protocol did you use? If you are using Windows, did you try using Windows Explorer?

Update: I just used the "Send to zipped folder" option in Windows Explorer to create a zip file comprising 3 images with a total size of 796KB. I then used the upload zip feature in the Edit Gallery page and uploaded the zip file. The file uploaded and was unzipped placing the three images in the gallery. So at least for a zip file of three images totaling 796KB, I did not experience any problem uploading it.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Upload Zip files?