Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can't update CSS Style Sheets

Questions and Answers

Can't update CSS Style Sheets

Ask if you need help using PBase.
nella

Can't update CSS Style Sheets

Post Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I am currently not able to edit any of my CSS sheets here on PBase. Most of my galleries have their own style and when I try to edit them, I get the following error:

OK
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pbase.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I am using the latest version of Firefox on OS X 10.11. Is this an internal PBase issue?

I will be very greatful for any suggestions. Thank you.

richo

Re: Can't update CSS Style Sheets

Post Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:49 pm

nella wrote:Hello. I hope someone can help me. I am currently not able to edit any of my CSS sheets here on PBase. Most of my galleries have their own style and when I try to edit them, I get the following error:

OK
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pbase.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I am using the latest version of Firefox on OS X 10.11. Is this an internal PBase issue?

I will be very greatful for any suggestions. Thank you.

I am getting the same error. I think this likely due to incompatibility with newer browser versions. I was able to create a new CSS despite getting the error. I was able to edit the new one and update it. I will try later with an older browser. I am using Chrome...whatever the latest version is.

Update: I tried using IE 11 in compatibility mode and that still produces the error. However! - If I continue to click the "edit" link usually about the third time I get the edit box and I am able to edit the CSS. And this is whether the CSS is one of my old ones or the new one I created. So, try clicking the edit link several times.
Please note: I do not work for Pbase.com nor am I an admin here. Just another paying customer.

dw_thomas

Post Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:33 pm

I've not recently tried any CSS updates, but I have recently had an interesting revelation. A year or so back I tossed together a simple HTML file with a table containing names of an assortment of my local files on this desktop, mostly Excel spreadsheets, that I use to track some stuff and update frequently. It loads from the home screen in my browser (Firefox on Win7x64 here) and allows me to just click on "Rainfall" and the spreadsheet I track the garden rain gauge with opens (separately, not in the browser). Suddenly in the last week or two, when I do that and then try to save the file, I get flagged that the "file is read only" and asked to choose another name. What I found is when that file is opened by Firefox, it is apparently copied to the temporary application file area and set to Read Only. An attempt to save the file is trying to place it back in the App data area.

I suppose in some ways, this is good in terms of security, but it was a radical and sudden change in behavior.** I've been assuming the change was a consequence of a Firefox update (I'm currently at 49.0.1), but there have also been the usual monthly piles of Windoze updates along the way. I've no idea whether FF directly plays with those files at opening, or whether it's using some Win system calls, in which case the change could have occurred there.

Anyway, I've no idea whether that could have any connection with the behavior described in the OP, but it shows how we can never let our guard down!

DaveT

** As when I relented and updated my iPhone 5c to iOS 10.xxx and the most fundamental function -- pressing the home button and swiping the lock screen does something different from iOS 7, 8, and 9! :shock:

cami
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:01 am

Nella,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Our servers did have some hiccups around the time of your latest inquiry, however they have been resolved. If you are still experiencing any problems with your style sheets, please contact support@pbase.com

Thanks!

~Cami~

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can't update CSS Style Sheets