Board index PBase Questions and Answers Default photo for pbase gallery

Questions and Answers

Default photo for pbase gallery

Ask if you need help using PBase.
gailb

Default photo for pbase gallery

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Can I choose the default photo that will display on, say, Facebook when I put a link to my galleries? The one that displays is a photo I would never choose!

dw_thomas

Re: Default photo for pbase gallery

Post Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:34 am

Hi,
This question prompted me to look at my own stuff ... It appears I've only ever linked to PBase from Facebook twice.

In the first case, the link was to a gallery with four sub-galleries and NO images at the linked gallery. Facebook only shows the text that is embedded in the linked gallery, no images at all. (Which could be kinda cool!)

The second case is a gallery with a bunch of images within said gallery. On that, FB shows the second image from the beginning. That image is not "Representative" on PBase, nor is it the most recently added to the Pbase gallery; so why did FB choose that? Ya got me! :shock:

I know I am rapidly descending into curmudgeonly olde fartitude, but FB strikes me as one of the most cluttered and counter-intuitive user interfaces I've aggravated myself with, and I guess coupling that to PBase shifts us into an alternate universe!

I suppose one could conduct some experiments and look to see if there's any pattern, but that's beyond my current level of time and patience.

Good luck!
DaveT

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Default photo for pbase gallery