Board index PBase Questions and Answers Galley not working

Questions and Answers

Galley not working

Ask if you need help using PBase.
chiles400

Galley not working

Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Gallery shows only two columns though set for four - when clicked on gallery shows 4 columns then immediately switches to 2 - also won't process edit. Help? Other galleries seem OK

John

dw_thomas

Re: Galley not working

Post Mon May 02, 2016 5:40 pm

Hmm, I certainly can't claim this site is trouble free, but what you describe sounds rather strange. I would suggest, as a sort of generic approach to web based difficulties like this, log out of PBase and clear your browser's cache. Then log back into PBase and try again. Clearing the cache should force all of the files you access to be reloaded from the PBase servers, just in case you have a corrupted script somewhere that is currently being pulled out of your local cache when you try to edit or whatever.

That would be what I would start with.

DaveT

chiles400

Post Wed May 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks for responding - didn't work

john

amoxtli

Post Wed May 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Hello John,
I looked at your most recent gallery and I encountered the error you described. Try removing: Kelley - Harbor Brook 5-1-16.jpg and see if that makes a difference.
Best,
Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

chiles400

Post Wed May 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Hello - Thank you very much - that worked and was even OK when I reloaded the picture. New problem- except for the last pictures ( uploaded after the problem )the pictures are now in reverse chronological order with the newest first. Do you know of a way to get them back in order without renumbering all the individual pictures?

Thanks again

john

dw_thomas

Post Wed May 04, 2016 3:41 pm

... the pictures are now in reverse chronological order with the newest first. Do you know of a way to get them back in order without renumbering all the individual pictures?

If you are using the newer "Drag and drop" editor, there is a tab under gallery edit for sequencing that has a pull-down with several options including 'Reverse current order'. In the old legacy editor I don't recall if there is a reverse order choice. (It took me a while, but I have pretty much permanently transitioned to the newer version.) Other options in the new editor include sorting by timestamp or by filename, so perhaps one of those would address your problem.

I apply here a standard caveat -- I have never used the resequence features in the new editor, so have no experience as to whether it works or has some of the usual PBase idiosyncrasies. I usually go into 'Content' in the Drop&Drag editor and just drag the thumbnails to the order I want. I normally get most of what I want from the upload, but that process does have a quirk that doesn't always quite obey the set sequence in loading a list of files. As in the last in the sequence may wind up second in the group (I suspect something weird in the coding to test when the process is done).

Maybe this will help ...
DaveT

chiles400

Post Wed May 04, 2016 4:06 pm

Thanks again, Dave. I have been using the old edit tool but will give the new one a try - I did not see a "reverse current" order in the old tool.

You have been very helpful - as usual Pbase has not responded to my email

John

chiles400

Post Wed May 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Update. I made a copy of the gallery to try editing before I messed up the original - the copy ended up with the pictures in correct order except for the last 7 ???? so I just moved those to the bottom and deleted the original gallery. Still very hinky as I had to do most things 3 or 4 times to get them to work but all Ok for now.

Big thanks

John

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Galley not working