Board index PBase Questions and Answers Image size goes beyond screen size when click on it

Questions and Answers

Image size goes beyond screen size when click on it

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kmcfaul

Image size goes beyond screen size when click on it

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:17 pm

I am relatively new to PBase, but have been liking it so far. Recently was viewing some of my pics and when I clicked on several of them to view them in the larger format (not original) they went to bigger than screen size and I couldn't see much of the image. I have not made any changes to any of the images that would be different from the rest of my pics. There is only about four images that this seems to be the case with. How do I get them from becoming so large when I click on them?

dw_thomas

Re: Image size goes beyond screen size when click on it

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Can't say I have an answer, but what are you viewing them on? 'Large' is normally 800 pixels wide, which may nor work so well on some phones or tablets, for example. Large will default to 800 wide, or the uploaded size if the size is less than 800 but bigger than 'Medium' (400). Have your other pictures been uploaded at 800 or wider?

In the Firefox browser one can right click on an image and do a "View Image Info" which will tell what the image size is from the server and what it's scaled to in the browser. If you can get that info from whatever you're are viewing with, it might point to something.

I am not aware of a setting to pick the default size on an individual image or gallery basis, and in a quick look I don't see one, but the 'Help' info leaves a bit to be desired. Maybe someone else can chime in here. (I'm thinking setting that default has been a requested enhancement somewhere along the way.)

DaveT

parpho

Re: Image size goes beyond screen size when click on it

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:31 am

I posted this comment under an appropriate image.
Here's your problem. This image is 4219 x 3971 or 8804K. My average image on the other hand is 128K. So long as all your large images come in at 800 x 753 you can safely delete all your originals. You can save yourself lots of time and space if you resize before you upload. There is a delete original button on the old edit page I also compress everything.
Michael

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Image size goes beyond screen size when click on it