Board index PBase Questions and Answers Where are instructions for drag and drop?

Questions and Answers

Where are instructions for drag and drop?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
dougssportsphotos

Where are instructions for drag and drop?

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:27 am

I guess I thought drag and drop meant you could drag multiple files from you photo computer and drop them somewhere on pbase and they would upload. Not sure where you drop them.

dw_thomas

Re: Where are instructions for drag and drop?

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:29 am

In the editor you click on the 'Upload' tab and then drag files to the 'Browse' button on the page that comes up. But sometime in the past year the ability to select a group of files and drag them appears to have vaporized. You can drag one file at a time and build up a list, then upload the whole list (there's a max -- I think it's 40 per upload).

I attempted to report that change in upload behavior in March of 2015 but received no response. (Though as I write this it vaguely occurs to me there was a problem with their email that might have been around that time.)

DaveT

Edit: I'm not sure the help screens have ever been updated to cover the drag&drop editor. (One of many current annoyances around this site.)

dougssportsphotos

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:47 pm

dw_thomas wrote:In the editor you click on the 'Upload' tab and then drag files to the 'Browse' button on the page that comes up. But sometime in the past year the ability to select a group of files and drag them appears to have vaporized. You can drag one file at a time and build up a list, then upload the whole list (there's a max -- I think it's 40 per upload).

I attempted to report that change in upload behavior in March of 2015 but received no response. (Though as I write this it vaguely occurs to me there was a problem with their email that might have been around that time.)

DaveT

Edit: I'm not sure the help screens have ever been updated to cover the drag&drop editor. (One of many current annoyances around this site.)

Thanks Dave. When I try to do what you are saying, I get the circle with a slash meaning I can't move it there.

dw_thomas

Post Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:28 am

dougssportsphotos wrote:Thanks Dave. When I try to do what you are saying, I get the circle with a slash meaning I can't move it there.

Hmmm -- if I drag a filename to one of the dialog boxes (Title or Caption) in the 'PBlog Upload', I get the symbol you describe. But if I drag the file to the 'Browse' button in the 'Upload Photos' section there is a little gray rectangle following the arrow cursor and when I release the left mouse button, the filename appears under the browse button. As additional files are dragged over, that becomes a list.

You are dragging to the 'Browse' button yes?

In this shot I had already dragged one file over -- when empty, there is just thin white space under the 'Browse' button. When a file is added, the gray bar 'Photos to be uploaded:' appears, and underneath, the filenames appear.

Dunno what else to suggest. (Running Firefox 44.0.2 on Win7X64 here, but this function has been OK for months or years, except for the former ability to drag multiple files having disappeared.)

Dave

dougssportsphotos

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:16 pm

dw_thomas wrote:
dougssportsphotos wrote:Thanks Dave. When I try to do what you are saying, I get the circle with a slash meaning I can't move it there.

Hmmm -- if I drag a filename to one of the dialog boxes (Title or Caption) in the 'PBlog Upload', I get the symbol you describe. But if I drag the file to the 'Browse' button in the 'Upload Photos' section there is a little gray rectangle following the arrow cursor and when I release the left mouse button, the filename appears under the browse button. As additional files are dragged over, that becomes a list.

You are dragging to the 'Browse' button yes?

In this shot I had already dragged one file over -- when empty, there is just thin white space under the 'Browse' button. When a file is added, the gray bar 'Photos to be uploaded:' appears, and underneath, the filenames appear.

Dunno what else to suggest. (Running Firefox 44.0.2 on Win7X64 here, but this function has been OK for months or years, except for the former ability to drag multiple files having disappeared.)

Dave

Yes, I got it now but you still have to do them 1 at a time. It would be great if it were like Facebook where you can actually select dozens of photos and upload all at once.

dw_thomas

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:52 pm

dougssportsphotos wrote:Yes, I got it now but you still have to do them 1 at a time. It would be great if it were like Facebook where you can actually select dozens of photos and upload all at once.

Ah yes -- it "used to be that way" but the capability quietly disappeared sometime last year. That would suggest that "someone out there" made a change. To the good, that might been there is actually someone out there; to the bad, they don't seem to be paying attention or responding. :cry:

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Where are instructions for drag and drop?