Board index PBase Questions and Answers moving a gallery at root level.

Questions and Answers

moving a gallery at root level.

Ask if you need help using PBase.
nieuwburgh

moving a gallery at root level.

Post Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Hello,
I hope my request is clear. I have 9 galleries at root level and I would like to have one of these galleries copied in one of the root level gallery as a SUB-Gallery without, of course, deleting the moved gallery. Is it possible?

Thank you

dw_thomas

Re: moving a gallery at root level.

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:03 am

(Assuming I understand your question) If you go into an edit on the root gallery with the "new drag and drop" editor, you will see a directory tree on the left and (gallery) thumbnails on the right. You should be able to select one of those gallery thumbnails and drag it across to the destination gallery where you want it, where it is shown in the directory tree. Basically a gallery can be moved just as you would move an image.

You can presumably accomplish the same maneuver with the old original editor by clicking the check box on the gallery you wish to move and going down to the function panel for copy/move, hitting the pulldown, and selecting the destination. I have not tried that recently as I have been sticking with the newer drag & drop editor.

There is a pair of tabs in the upper part of the screen to select "copy" or "move." The former will create a copy at the new location and is used to have the same image appear in more than one gallery without consuming additional storage. Move puts the object in the new location and removes it from its original location.

In all honesty I can't recall that I've ever tried to make a copy of a gallery by that means. I expect it cannot be done, because it would mean two galleries with the same name. The PBase gallery tree when viewed in name space is a flat architecture, the apparent tree structure is a magic trick with lists of links. [All based on my perhaps not 100% understanding of what I see here .... :shock: ]

Hope that helps -- if not, maybe you could clarify the steps you wish to accomplish.
DaveT

Board index PBase Questions and Answers moving a gallery at root level.