Board index PBase Questions and Answers Statistics

Questions and Answers

Statistics

Ask if you need help using PBase.
photodocsj

Statistics

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:14 am

My statistic page is now showing a list of Chinese characters and nothing else. Prior to this I could only access one day of statistics, it would no longer allow me to see prior dates statistics. Is this just my account or is there a system wide glitch?

raypurser

Re: Statistics

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:25 am

My Stats are also showing in Chinese or Japanese and when they do become available they are only for the previous day.

dw_thomas

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:25 pm

The miss-directed page problem appears fixed, the stats for previous days problem is old and ongoing. (I can't seem to find an earlier thread, but anyway ...) One of our clever users discovered that if on your statistics page you go up to the top left area and click 'root' (which displays the root page stats), then at the top left of that click 'aggregate' to go back, the day by day links will then work. Note that sometimes individual days may take 30 seconds to fill in and there is no operator entertainment to let you know it's working, but the stats do eventually show.

It's been reported weeks -- months? ago. As an old time software type it smells like an uninitialized variable to me, but sheese, it use to work!

DaveT
Last edited by dw_thomas on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmurray74

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:28 pm

I was getting that Asian page the last couple days and when I just checked, my stats were back to normal.
What a relief!

mardoli

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:49 pm

As the Bard used to say

All's well that ends well...
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

pegsam

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 pm

It looks like the statistics link is working again. But I have noticed for quite some time now (well before the recent DNS issues) that the links for the individual days no longer work.

dw_thomas

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:13 pm

pegsam wrote:It looks like the statistics link is working again. But I have noticed for quite some time now (well before the recent DNS issues) that the links for the individual days no longer work.

This has been happening (and reported) for months. There is a work-around (which yes, should not be necessary):

When you go to your detailed stats page, at the left, above the panel with the bars in it, are the words 'aggregate' and 'root' where root is a link.
Click on root.

In a similar location on that page you will see 'aggregate' as a link and 'root'.

Click on aggregate

You will now appear to be back to the original stats page view -- except -- now the day by day links will work!!!

(Another user discovered this. It smells to me like some sort of lack of initialization when it first comes up; but indeed it once worked.)

Note that the response can be slow 10, 20 seconds, as though the system has to go get bits out of a dusty closet, and there is no moving entertainment to show it's working, but it will come back with the selected data. (At least, last time I tried)

DaveT

pegsam

Post Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks DaveT. That work-around got everything working back to normal. Much appreciated.

- Sam

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Statistics