Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Questions and Answers

Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Ask if you need help using PBase.
graeme45

Re: Serious issues with photo upload and editing

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:23 am

Hi

Today I am also having real problems of not letting me upload an image into a gallery. I thought things got sorted a week ago when the PBase posted a message on the Profile page!! I also opened a new gallery today and it took forever to let me edit thegallery details, then after a long period of time I tried to load an image into the gallery and well I am still waiting for it to load!

Please can someone sort these issues out PLEASE!

Graeme45

stuartwilson

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:06 pm

The problem appears to be PBase. I am having the same upload troubles. Looks like it is time to fine a new image sharing site!!

helenpb

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Some of the problems I wrote about earlier have been resolved, but now it's taking around 40 seconds to upload one comment. Same with sending Pbase mail. I have a lot of comments to make every day, and I simply don't have that kind of time to sit waiting. I have been a supporter of this site since 2001, but I'm beginning to think maybe it's time to throw in the towel and find someplace else to share pictures.

johnfburns

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:28 pm

I am running Windows Vista with all of the latest updates. Internet Explorer 9 had a security update yesterday, since then after a long wait the message " Sorry, We could not find ttb.pbase.com " appears. I had the same problem several weeks ago and it seemed to be fixed. I tried using the Google Chrome Browser and a couple of uploads seem to work OK, then it started to fail with the same error message "Sorry, We could not find ttb.pbase.com.". The uploads that worked were very slow. I have been uploading files pretty consistently the past two weeks and the error message started happening on Aug 21, 2015 after about 10 PM.

lebororo

photo upload and editing

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:09 pm

Now, my point of view...
I stop a lot advertisings/pub etc. I work only with Google.
Even to watch "foot" many pubs try to came. we are block/or lock with "pubs" refused.
Hope a better internet too in 2015.

imorozoff

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Like many I've been here over 10 years - but the lack of action, progress, improvement, and engagement of the owners speaks volumes.
They simply don't give a shit.

marymervis

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:03 pm

I sent pbase this message, on August 18, 2015. It is not August 24th. Still no reply from them. And, I had just renewed my membership the morning these problems were happening!

~~~~~~~~~

Hello,
I have been a pbase member since 2005, and spent a few hours yesterday on the phone with my DSL company, Verizon, trying to determine why I was continually having problems uploading photos to my pbase site... They told me their trace showed problems with your servers.

I sent you a message yesterday, with my phone number and email address, but have yet to hear back from anyone at pbase. After 5 hours of trying every possible way of uploading photos to my pbase site yesterday, (it starts to upload, then times out), I gave up. But am concerned, because I have loved using my pbase site for over 10 years!

Could someone please let me know if you are aware of a problem with your servers?? I had a client waiting to see some images I took for them, and had to snail mail them a disc instead. Not a great solution, especially after having been up all night editing photos, then having to spend 5 hours trouble shooting to determine why I could not successfully upload images to my pbase site. (In hindsight, this 'timing out' problem has been happening for the past few months, but because I haven't uploaded that much lately, didn't pay as much attention to the problem. Also, I was uploading fewer images then, so just kept recreating smaller zip files, to get all of them uploaded. Yesterday, I had many photos to upload, and the upload connection kept breaking, about 30 images into each upload.)

~~~~~~~~

I am very surprised, and concerned, by the lack of response from pbase. If they are able to accept credit card payments, then they should absolutely be able to address their customers concerns, and difficulties. Especially when it pertains to uploading photos to their website, that they just paid for! I too was getting the 'cannot find ttb.pbase' message. And I am also a Verizon dsl customer. Is the problem only limited to Verizon users? I can't imagine it would be.

marymervis

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Here's a question for all of you frustrated, unreplied to pbase users...that may get pbase's attention...

Are there any other similar sites out there now, for photographers, will simple templates for displaying one's work?? I haven't looked since I joined pbase almost 10 yrs ago.

Thanks!

chucklantz

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:58 am

While I'm not happy to see that others are having the same problems that I'm having, it is good to know that it's not my browsers or computers that are causing the problems. Like others, I cannot make PBase work properly. The three different browsers and two computers I've tried all have the same issues with loading, and deleting at PBase.

No matter why we're having problems, it is unforgivable for PBase to not reply quickly to our concerns. This site is far from free. Over the years I've paid them thousands of dollars. If I cannot quickly and easily load my photos, I cannot sell my photos and I am just wasting money paying PBase.

Fix it, AND KEEP US INFORMED WHILE YOU'RE DOING IT!

1heart

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:22 am

For those who have subscribed to Pbase for any length of time, you should not be surprised that there is little or no customer service. Every once in a while, somebody named Emily will show up and announce they are working on the problem with their servers, and eventually things will be working again for a while, until the next time. Then there will be a big uproar about nobody behind the wheel, and this will drag on, and finally somebody will post a message saying they almost got it fixed, blah blah blah. From what I can gather, they have somebody who checks on the servers once a week, and that is about the extent of their involvement in this site, except to bank our money.

lebororo

all OK - photo upload and editing working

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:48 am

This morning, everything working OK...
Aggregate daily page views for robert joyon as of Thu Aug 27 2015
(I can see them) 26 August 2015 - 69 photos viewed
--------
And showing the photos too as before
Thanks Pbase
lebororo

barryb

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:21 am

I've been getting this one for months- no response to emails
I'm about to give up on any resolution after being a Pbase member for many years

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 1521634984

Varnish cache server

jypsee

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Try this link
http://whois.domaintools.com/pbase.com
It lists a phone number for tech (919-923-1484) and an email for Slug@CHAOSFUGUE.ORG) ...phone number goes to voicemail
Another phone number
919-321-2220
And even more info regarding lapse in domain name
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56296071

fishit

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:55 am

Sad neglect, slow site, upload issues, edit issues, delete problems, forum threads not updating to proper order.
Email goes unanswered, I can not recall it this bad before. I am not trying to beat on the owners, but basic service is needed.
slug and Emily just do not seem to care, that is very disappointing for many PBase members and supporters.

dw_thomas

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:10 pm

fishit wrote:Sad neglect, slow site, upload issues, edit issues, delete problems, forum threads not updating to proper order.
Email goes unanswered, I can not recall it this bad before. I am not trying to beat on the owners, but basic service is needed.
slug and Emily just do not seem to care, that is very disappointing for many PBase members and supporters.

Indeed! My Grande Plan was to continue scanning some of my archives that go back fifty years and build up a visible historical archive here, along with my current activity. But after the last few months I fear my time might be better spent coming up with an approach to putting my work on my own site (I have 9+GB of untapped space!) I really liked the almost limitless gallery hierarchy and flexibility available here without having to do any serious web design or coding -- but maybe that created a monster that helped box the management into something they couldn't maintain. Some of the site's current failings I view as more at the nuisance level than "show stoppers," but the overall sense of what's happening does not inspire any confidence. There is also the increasing evidence that a redesign more capable of dealing with the small formats of smart phones and tablets might be desirable, no doubt an overwhelming task under the current situation. Though I myself don't find small devices very interesting for viewing photos, I know some users have brought up the topic.

People occasionally bring up requests for new "features." I'd be happy to have the ones that are already supposed to be here working right. As an example, the ability to select a block of files and drag them to the 'browse' button in the uploader seems to have quietly evaporated several months back and my email to support never received the courtesy of a reply (other than an auto-response).

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Serious issues with photo upload and editing