Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can only have white background on all pbase pages

Questions and Answers

Can only have white background on all pbase pages

Ask if you need help using PBase.
isabel95

Can only have white background on all pbase pages

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 am

It's been a week since I emailed PBase and have received no response.

This problem exists in the Chrome Browser, not in Firefox.

Anyone had this problem and solved it?

isolaverde

Re: Can only have white background on all pbase pages

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:32 am

Isabel, hi!

My Windows 8.1 Dell is on Chrome Version 41.0.2272.118 m - and your four most-recently updated galleries all look fine to me.

What happens if you change one of them over to a different template, and then change it back again, I wonder?

Peter

richo

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:23 pm

isabel95 wrote:It's been a week since I emailed PBase and have received no response.

Open a private browsing (incognito in Chrome) and view your gallery. It might be a caching issue. I am seeing a pale color on your home page and black background on your individual images.

afuent

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:10 am

This worked for me (the incognito browser). I tried clearing my cache for images and websites but I still get no backgrounds anywhere on pbase in chrome. Is there a way to clear the cache issue without deleting all browsing info?

richo

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:33 pm

afuent wrote:This worked for me (the incognito browser). I tried clearing my cache for images and websites but I still get no backgrounds anywhere on pbase in chrome. Is there a way to clear the cache issue without deleting all browsing info?

You would have to locate the cookie(s) that pbase.com stores in your browser cache and delete just those. However, this will likely also delete the cached login cookie. You should be able to enter this: chrome://chrome/settings/cookies and go directly to the settings for cookies. I searched for "https://www.google.com/#q=chrome+delete+individual+cookies" and found several posts on how to do this. Also, usually a logout, close all browser windows and reopen, and then login will reset cache on most websites.

isabel95

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:41 pm

richo wrote:
afuent wrote:This worked for me (the incognito browser). I tried clearing my cache for images and websites but I still get no backgrounds anywhere on pbase in chrome. Is there a way to clear the cache issue without deleting all browsing info?

You would have to locate the cookie(s) that pbase.com stores in your browser cache and delete just those. However, this will likely also delete the cached login cookie. You should be able to enter this: chrome://chrome/settings/cookies and go directly to the settings for cookies. I searched for "https://www.google.com/#q=chrome+delete+individual+cookies" and found several posts on how to do this. Also, usually a logout, close all browser windows and reopen, and then login will reset cache on most websites.

Deleted all pbase cookies. Didn't work. Also tried as someone else suggested changing to a different template and that didn't work either.

Thanks for your inputs folks - I'll keep hoping. At least I can see things properly in Firefox.

richo

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:19 pm

isabel95 wrote:
richo wrote:

Deleted all pbase cookies. Didn't work. Also tried as someone else suggested changing to a different template and that didn't work either.

Thanks for your inputs folks - I'll keep hoping. At least I can see things properly in Firefox.

Isabel95,
Did you try the incognito (private browsing session)? If you can see them okay in Firefox then likely it is something cached in Google.... Also in the past several days there have been major DNS issues with Pbase.com that caused all sorts of problems viewing pages. My pages showed the basic template with all white and then no template at all. It was not until late yesterday that everything came back okay.

Caveat: I do not work for Pbase.com nor am I an admin here...just a paying customer struggling along. :)

photoburner

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:17 am

OK I had the same problem. I disabled all extensions and found that PBase works fine, then a search thru the extensions isolated HTTPS Everywhere are the problem in my case. Anyway it's not Chrome it is an extension that is causing the problem. Maybe more than one is anyone is having a problem who does not use the HTTPS extension.

fishit

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:39 am

Why not stay with Firefox, Chrome Browser is a Google information gathering machine.
I do not have it on my PC or cell phone, but I know that is still tracked.

isabel95 wrote:It's been a week since I emailed PBase and have received no response.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can only have white background on all pbase pages