Board index PBase Questions and Answers Any support for long time paying customers at Pbase?

Questions and Answers

Any support for long time paying customers at Pbase?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
dudedelux

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:37 am

This post to vent my discontent and hope that someone will respond.

First problem: password reset isn't working because no verification email was ever sent. Not working.

Second Problem: stats in some galleries are not allowing you to look back at individual dates. i opened a ticket over 2 weeks ago [PBase.com #230854], then a reminder, no response. Zero, zilch, nada.

However, I'm happy to report that the account renewal notices are working just fine.

C'mon Pbase, that's no way to treat your long time supporter.

-marc goldstein

richo

Re: Any support for long time paying customers at Pbase?

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:17 pm

dudedelux wrote:This post to vent my discontent and hope that someone will respond.

First problem: password reset isn't working because no verification email was ever sent. Not working.

Second Problem: stats in some galleries are not allowing you to look back at individual dates. i opened a ticket over 2 weeks ago [PBase.com #230854], then a reminder, no response. Zero, zilch, nada.

However, I'm happy to report that the account renewal notices are working just fine.

C'mon Pbase, that's no way to treat your long time supporter.

-marc goldstein

I think I can offer a work around for problem #2:

1. On the stats page in the upper left hand corner you will see a link titled: "root"
2. Click the "root" link.
3. On the root stats page in the upper left hand corner you will now see a link titled: "aggregate"
4. Click the "aggregate" link.

Now the daily stats links in the left column should work. This works for me and I just tested to verify it still works.

Note: I do not work for Pbase.com nor am I am admin here nor am I a support person. I am just a paying customer who happens to also be web design geek.

amoxtli

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:46 pm

-marc goldstein[/quote]
I think I can offer a work around for problem #2:

1. On the stats page in the upper left hand corner you will see a link titled: "root"
2. Click the "root" link.
3. On the root stats page in the upper left hand corner you will now see a link titled: "aggregate"
4. Click the "aggregate" link.

Now the daily stats links in the left column should work. This works for me and I just tested to verify it still works.

Note: I do not work for Pbase.com nor am I am admin here nor am I a support person. I am just a paying customer who happens to also be web design geek.[/quote]

Thank you RichO. That solved one problem. I don't use this feature a very much, but glad to see that it now works on my site.

Best, Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

darrelgiesbrecht

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:14 pm

ive had same problem with going to previous dates in my stats for quite awhile now. Nobody at Pbase would talk to me or reply. Richo, you have now solved my problem (albeit a small one i guess) and to you i am mosy grateful!............d

erichmangl

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:54 pm

ridiculous arrogance from "support" but also from Slug to ignore emails

mikelong

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Pathetic, more so than usual. Two minutes to load one 400kb image. With a second browser window open I uploaded twenty larger images on Flickr while waiting for a single pbase upload.
A Mom & Pop venture from the debut, complaints have been a common theme during the eleven years I've been here. The owners were never inclined to adapt much or compete.
Hopefully others like myself have found better alternatives, they're certainly out there. I'll continue to use it until my 11th annual subscription runs out, but don't plan to renew.

danpolley

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:46 pm

mikelong wrote:Pathetic, more so than usual. Two minutes to load one 400kb image. With a second browser window open I uploaded twenty larger images on Flickr while waiting for a single pbase upload.
A Mom & Pop venture from the debut, complaints have been a common theme during the eleven years I've been here. The owners were never inclined to adapt much or compete.
Hopefully others like myself have found better alternatives, they're certainly out there. I'll continue to use it until my 11th annual subscription runs out, but don't plan to renew.

Mike, totally agree, same crappy service year after year.

lebororo

Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 am

I was happy with this team for more than 10 years. (2002)
They have a problem and we hope they will ajust it. :shock:
Very long for me too to work for pictures and read nobody answanring

goldengaelsphotos

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:51 pm

I think the answer to the original question is a resounding NO!

I just finished uploading 130,000+ jpg files to my new SmugMug account at http://www.goldengaelsphotos.com

I was a paid member from 2001, so a fairly early adopter. Over time, I have been very tolerant of the pbase site, acknowledging that a mom & pop operation couldn't be expected to keep up with the big boys. But tolerance has its limits, and I reached mine this summer with site outages, no stats, upload problems, poor customer sevice, and most recently, viewing problems.

Even though there is no automated migration route to alternate photo websites, and I haven't kept jpg files (which SmugMug requires), only RAW and TIFF and a few PSDs, the extra time and work needed to convert all those TIFF files to JPG and then upload them to SmugMug has been worth it. The one advantage pbase had for me was customization of the site and gallery designs - but that was only relevant once, with a few tweaks over the years. (I still need to do more work on theSmugMug site now that the photos are online).

Price on pbase was always pretty reasonable, but more expensive than SmugMug which for a Pro account is only $160 annually, regardless of the memory required (I now have more than 10X the memory stored with SmugMug and it costs me less).

As a bonus, for some reason, the page views on the new site have greaty increased in the first month (2.4 million) compared to the rate of page views in the 14 years on pbase, which I can only attribute to 1) sending out notices of the website change; and also 2) better navigation and higher resolution photos on SmugMug. (Higher resolution because the upload times are so much faster, I could upload bigger files).

(Now to figure out an easy way to delete all those pbase photos since there are 500+ galleries and deleting photos from each gallery takes seemingly as long as uploading them).

So, so long pbase. It's been nice knowin' you.

richo

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:50 pm

goldengaelsphotos wrote:I think the answer to the original question is a resounding NO!

I just finished uploading 130,000+ jpg files to my new SmugMug account at http://www.goldengaelsphotos.com

I was a paid member from 2001, so a fairly early adopter. Over time, I have been very tolerant of the pbase site, acknowledging that a mom & pop operation couldn't be expected to keep up with the big boys. But tolerance has its limits, and I reached mine this summer with site outages, no stats, upload problems, poor customer sevice, and most recently, viewing problems.

Even though there is no automated migration route to alternate photo websites, and I haven't kept jpg files (which SmugMug requires), only RAW and TIFF and a few PSDs, the extra time and work needed to convert all those TIFF files to JPG and then upload them to SmugMug has been worth it. The one advantage pbase had for me was customization of the site and gallery designs - but that was only relevant once, with a few tweaks over the years. (I still need to do more work on theSmugMug site now that the photos are online).

Price on pbase was always pretty reasonable, but more expensive than SmugMug which for a Pro account is only $160 annually, regardless of the memory required (I now have more than 10X the memory stored with SmugMug and it costs me less).

As a bonus, for some reason, the page views on the new site have greaty increased in the first month (2.4 million) compared to the rate of page views in the 14 years on pbase, which I can only attribute to 1) sending out notices of the website change; and also 2) better navigation and higher resolution photos on SmugMug. (Higher resolution because the upload times are so much faster, I could upload bigger files).

(Now to figure out an easy way to delete all those pbase photos since there are 500+ galleries and deleting photos from each gallery takes seemingly as long as uploading them).

So, so long pbase. It's been nice knowin' you.

Does Smugmug allow direct linking of specific sizes of images? How about adding HTML code for PayPal sales?

yardbird

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi,

I have been with Pbase since 2002. I am still a paying member with almost a year left. I have thousands of photos here, a community and memories. But Pbase is still the same. I know that is exactly what some like, but unfortunately, the times are a changing. I have started to replicate my galleries at smugmug and it is great. I would love to hear from others who moved and the pros and cons, tips that you might have.

http://www.karthikraja.photography/

http://www.karthikraja.photography/Worldgalleries - Currently completed world galleries.

Thanks
Karthik

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Any support for long time paying customers at Pbase?