Board index PBase Questions and Answers 19 Feb 2015 - Direct Linking Denied?

Questions and Answers

19 Feb 2015 - Direct Linking Denied?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
pgammon

19 Feb 2015 - Direct Linking Denied?

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:21 pm

I just noticed that images that reside in my "In Box" that I link to on websites are now coming up as "Direct Linking Denied".

As far as I know, nothing has changed in the settings and protections for my "In Box" gallery.

Is PBase having a problem?

Thanks

dw_thomas

Re: 19 Feb 2015 - Direct Linking Denied?

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:15 am

There was a problem with direct linking about a year ago which was discussed here with an eye to some things to check. http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47544

I personally have never tried to link to stuff in my 'in box', in fact I never use it. I could suspect it might be treated differently as it's a sort of special gallery, but I think you're saying it had worked for you in the past? Have you tried linking to an image in a gallery besides your 'in box'? My website has some direct links to a few of my own PBase images in non 'in box' locations, and I just checked; they seem to be working OK.

Dunno, we seem to get these periodic waves of strange behavior. An email to support@pbase.com might be in order, as they don't necessarily pass through here too often.

DaveT

pgammon

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I've been linking to images in my In Box for years. Never a problem.

I checked and links to images in other galleries are working. So it appears to just be the In Box.

I'll contact support and see what they say.

Thanks again.

pgammon

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Got an answer from Ashlee from PBase support.

Turns out I must have somehow turned password protection on for my In Box. I had set up a password a long time ago but realized things didn't work as I wanted with the protection turned on so I didn't use it. I guess I must have inadvertently turned it back on (temporary insanity?).

Anyway, once I removed the protection, direct linking worked again.

Thanks Ashlee :)

Board index PBase Questions and Answers 19 Feb 2015 - Direct Linking Denied?