Board index PBase Questions and Answers Faulty "Delete Originals" function.

Questions and Answers

Faulty "Delete Originals" function.

Ask if you need help using PBase.
chiles400

Faulty "Delete Originals" function.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:31 pm

I have asked about this before but have never received an answer. I have upload processing set for " delete originals". The problem is that it only works some of the time ( deletes some originals in a batch and not others) and I have to go back and manually delete those the program missed. Can this be fixed?

Thanks

John

dw_thomas

Re: Faulty "Delete Originals" function.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:39 pm

Dunno, have you reported this to support@pbase ? These theoretically are user forums where we try to help each other out. It appears The Management(tm) may look at them, but with perhaps no regularity (even their response to direct email is less than stellar).

I personally resize and set up the sharpening, etc. prior to uploading rather than rely on some unknown automated process, so I have never actually used the function and can't offer any magic insights.

DaveT

chiles400

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Thanks for responding Dave- will try your suggestion

rsbfotos

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:28 pm

chiles400 wrote:............. I have upload processing set for " delete originals". The problem is that it only works some of the time ( deletes some originals in a batch and not others) and I have to go back and manually delete those the program missed. ...........
Thanks
John

I am fairly certain I responded to this kind of question in the forum, in the past. The exact same thing in my early days here was happening and often I would have to check on my uploads. I would wait a few days and discover that not all my originals were being deleted as requested. I would then go in and manually delete the originals.

After awhile I learned about resizing to a longest side maximum of 800 before (Pbase) uploading, and that eliminated the problem. I never had to be concerned about any originals not being deleted.

rsb
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

chiles400

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 pm

Thanks for responding. It seems more work resizing than going back and deleting-

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Faulty "Delete Originals" function.