Board index PBase Questions and Answers Stats pages on 21th Jan 2015

Questions and Answers

Stats pages on 21th Jan 2015

Ask if you need help using PBase.
richo

Re: Stats pages on 21th Jan 2015

Post Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:25 pm

vneilknobbe wrote:You can get, well this works for me at the very least, the stats page to work. (Sort of)

I have found that, on the stats page, if I click and go to the stats for the root directory:

then from the root directory stats page, click on aggregate to go back to the daily stats page:

I can click on any day and see the stats for any individual day.

*edit

OK, it's going to be one of those days. Can't get the images to embed into the post. *sigh* Hopefully the text instructions are good enough.)

Nice catch!! Your find led me to try that sequence and use the IE 11 debugger. Turns out that the first time you visit the stats page and attempt to click on an aggregate day link, a jQuery permissions error is thrown. When you click on the "root" link and then click back on the "aggregate" link that permissions issue is resolved.

narellepower

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:41 pm

nope, seriously - PLEASE FIX THE STATS PAGE !!!!!!

dw_thomas

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 pm

narellepower wrote:nope, seriously - PLEASE FIX THE STATS PAGE !!!!!!

Have you emailed support@pbase.com?

We know that the PBase staff (all 2? of them?) look at this forum occasionally, but these are basically user forums where we try, within our limitations, to help each other. The "official" channel to get stuff fixed should be an email to The Management(tm). Having said that, I acknowledge the response can be underwhelming at times.

DaveT

richo

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:18 pm

narellepower wrote:nope, seriously - PLEASE FIX THE STATS PAGE !!!!!!

As DaveT pointed out, only the support team can really fix this. I am just a paying customer trying to offer some sort of work around or explanation. I do not work for not have any access to fix anything on pbase.com.

narellepower

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks guys - I did email, and I just did again :)
Richo, I meant to thank you for that - was helpful and I appreciate it greatly, but it only allows me to see the gallery stats and not the individual photo stats for each day.
And I shouldn't have yelled in that last post - apologies <3

10stephen10

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:57 am

Come on Pbase fix the darn stats. I still can't bring up prior dated gallery stats. This is especially aggravating when it takes you two days to post Jan. 3 & 4 stats. How am I suppose to see Jan. 3 stats without the prior date function. SH :( :( :( :( :( :(

merriwolf

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:48 pm

On 24 January, I emailed PBase about the daily aggregate stats links not working. On 26 January, I heard back from PBase (Ashlee, so there are at least 3 members to the PBase team) and replied back, but still as of 5 February nothing has been done to correct the problem. Maybe it's time to send another email. Maybe if we all did, they might take this seriously.

Gordon W

thesilvertops

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:09 am

It seems that this is a case of the software engineer fixing something that ain't broke. The site was working fine, then, for a few days, we were unable to access the stats page and now they're back, we can't look at individual dates. The moral is: If it ain't broke, leave it alone.

gusitar

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:51 am

Why am I still here?

Pb's billing warning is always right on time.

I guess that's their best feature?

Used to be such a happy place . . . many years ago . . . .

For that matter where am I? And, what did I come here . . .4 ?

Golf maybe . . .?

gusitar

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Nice catch!! Your find led me to try that sequence and use the IE 11 debugger. Turns out that the first time you visit the stats page and attempt to click on an aggregate day link, a jQuery permissions error is thrown. When you click on the "root" link and then click back on the "aggregate" link that permissions issue is resolved.

This method does work! Guess this answers my previous post's questions. Thanks vneilknobbe and richo!
However, having to exercise petty hack thread tricks to navigate around . . . . any management out there reading?

johnfburns

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Stat Summaries are still not working correctly as of Feb 9, 2015. You are unable to see summaries of galleries of previous dates. When you click on the previous date nothing happens. This is a feature that has always worked in the past! - Please Fix!!!!!!!

rsbfotos

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:51 pm

I now see it working.
----------------------

Darn #?!%&!! I come back 4 hours later and it is NOT working , AGAIN.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Stats pages on 21th Jan 2015