Board index PBase Questions and Answers Subgalleries don't work

Questions and Answers

Subgalleries don't work

Ask if you need help using PBase.
bill_hansen

Subgalleries don't work

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:48 pm

I've been through the procedure for creating a subgallery, using the Help file "Haw do I Create a Subgallery" - been through it at least four times, and I cannot get the subgallery to appear, except as a completely separate gallery - even though I carefully make sure the "create in root gallery" button is Unchecked. What am I doing wrong?

For clarity - I'm starting with one o fmy Pbase galleries - opening it, Editing it, - choosing "Create New Gallery" - carefully UNchecking "Create in Root Gallery" - Updating the new gallery (which I hoped would be a subgallery). The new gallery never appears in the gallery with which I started. It always appears as a separate gallery. Uploaded images go into this new, separate gallery, which still doesn't appear under the gallery with which I started.

dw_thomas

Re: Subgalleries don't work

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:42 pm

I'm guessing you're using the older, non-drag and drop editor, which I don't normally use. So I just switched to the old and created a subgallery from one of my galleries and it worked fine. Over the past two weeks I've created at least a half dozen with the drag and drop. Dunno! (I admit I don't usually read the help screens, but I took a look, it seemed OK.)

One thing I believe I have once or twice seen in the drag and drop editor is that if I bounce around between several galleries using the gallery tree display on the left side it may lose track of what gallery it's operating on. I say I think I've seen that, but it may have been an operator error.

In general I regularly create subgalleries that are three or four levels deep without difficulty. Not sure what to tell you.

In any event, if you have created a separate gallery, you should be able to move the entire gallery to the gallery where you want it to be a subgallery.

Good luck!

DaveT

parpho

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:45 am

Seems to me you are making this more difficult than it is. I am about to create a bunch of sub galleries by moving this season's athletic galleries into a 2014-2015 main gallery.
Create your new gallery as always Head to the old edit page, check the box of your new gallery, go to the bottom of the edit page find the move tool select your destination from the drop down menu, and move your gallery into its new home thus becoming a sub gallery. Unless I'm missing something here that's all there is to it.
Cheers,
Michael

dw_thomas

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 am

I note that in the 'Account settings' page, under 'Options' there is a check box for "Create Galleries At Root..." According to the line of text underneath, that sets the default condition for when you bring up the 'Create gallery' page -- wonder if the OP may have that set and it now decides to override the individual selection. I mean, this is PBase, and we're almost at the October New Moon. :shock:

DaveT

bill_hansen

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks to Parpho and DWThomas. I've got a couple of subgalleries created now. You're right - I was making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Subgalleries don't work