Board index PBase Questions and Answers deleting originals

Questions and Answers

deleting originals

Ask if you need help using PBase.
grayclements

deleting originals

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:29 pm

i have just opened pbase to find a different editing layout !! ok but i cant see a way of deleting an original image so that it displays in lage ! help please

dw_thomas

Re: deleting originals

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm

As of the moment, you can still revert to the old editor. Assuming what you're now seeing is the newer "Drag and Drop" edit page, down at the lower left under the pane with the directory tree should be a link: original edit page which will switch to the old style editor. I've never done what it appears you're trying to do, so I have no working familiarity with that particular process.

There may be a way to do it in the new editor, but just like new releases of Windoze, they have moved stuff around. :shock:

Ah yes! If you go to Edit Image on the new editor, there is a function to delete the original size. (I only have one image up there big enough to bring up that option.) That sounds as though you'll have to walk through them one at a time (there is a previous/next link) versus selecting a bunch at gallery level.

It is interesting that for some operations the older editor had an advantage, I hope they keep both in service.
I believe somewhere in your settings you can configure which editor version you default to. Don't know why yours would have changed -- maybe they've recently ditched that to allow dropping the old one. (Sorry I thought of that ...)

DaveT

enjayel

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:57 am

to batch-process a group of images in the new editor (including delete originals):
Select the images in the 'contents' window and move to the 'edit images' tab - Original processing options are at the bottom..
cheers
Nancy

ps.. I agree with Dave.. I keep both editors bookmarked, and switch depending on the task ;-)

dw_thomas

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Ah! Good point Nancy about multiple selection. Since I do most of whatever I do prior to upload, I haven't done much with the more exotic tools.

Thanks,
DaveT

Board index PBase Questions and Answers deleting originals