Board index PBase Questions and Answers Conundrum

Questions and Answers

Conundrum

Ask if you need help using PBase.
chicagorob

Conundrum

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 pm

I have a specific gallery titled Cape Cod 2005. For whatever reason, out-of-the-blue, the In Box is showing up as the first thumbnail in the gallery.
I must have brain-freeze, since I am unable to get the In Box removed from my Cape Cod 2005 gallery. There must be a simple solution to this, but
I fear my old age has taken over my senses.

Rob

dw_thomas

Re: Conundrum

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:25 pm

I never actually use my In Box so I don't have much experience to draw on. As far as I know, 'In Box' is a default folder that every PBase account has (I have one but it's empty). It should normally be just off the root gallery.That and 'Root' (all galleries) are default folders. You could try going into the editor on your Cape Cod gallery and moving the in box to the root gallery and see if it's possible to do. There is apparently one photo still in your in box, you should be able to edit the in box and move that image to the gallery you want it in.

On the (possibly rash) assumption the In Box can be moved, perhaps you moved the whole folder to Cape Cod instead of just that last image. (Have you been using the newer "Drag and Drop editor?)

All admittedly idle speculation, but that's about the best I can suggest!

DaveT

chicagorob

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:04 am

Thanks, Dave. I don't know why, but when I set up my account, the In Box was a sub-gallery within my main gallery. I've been to the edit page and the Drag and Drop edit page to remove the In Box and make it a separate gallery. To date, I have been unable to perform this task. I've tried dragging and dropping the In Box gallery thumbnail and the In Box folder icon. Nothing works. I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

dw_thomas

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:07 am

Well, it may not be you! As I said, there are two default galleries in each account and I've no idea why the inbox would show up within a subgallery. That said, I'd think if the one photo in the in box were moved out, the in box might no longer show because it's empty. That might be sort of cheating, but could be a work-around. A description of what you're seeing sent to support@pbase.com might provoke something useful (albeit mayhaps not quickly!) :shock:

EDIT: Hmm - OK - I finally worked up the nerve to try this (having initially feared I might get myself into something I couldn't get out of :( ). I uploaded an image to my In Box (which is a subgallery off my root/All Galleries page. With an image there, the In Box shows up in my All Galleries page, with no image, the In Box doesn't show. That confirms what I thought about that.

With an image in the in box, I clicked on 'Edit root gallery' and displayed the contents of that top level hierarchy. Sure enough, I see In Box in the root gallery contents. So I dragged it to one of my small subgalleries and it worked, showing up in that subgallery instead of the root. I went into edit on that subgallery and was able to drag it back to the "root" gallery, no problem. Note that it is a bit confusing that the top level gallery is named "root" but titled as "All galleries," don't know if that's caused you any problem.

DaveT

chicagorob

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:55 am

During my experiments, I discovered that an empty In Box didn't show up as a thumbnail within my main Cape Cod 2005 gallery. When I had my first pbase account several years ago, the In Box would display as a separate thumbnail when it contained images(not as a thumbnail within my main gallery). Something must have changed between then and now.

Perhaps, I'll have to drag the In Box to a newly-created gallery, as mentioned in your response.

Thanks, again, for your assistance.

Rob

chicagorob

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:27 pm

To Dave:

For now, I think the simplest solution is to set the In Box to private viewing, only. This effectively removes the thumbnail
from my main gallery for public viewing. Just what the doctor ordered.

Rob

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Conundrum