Board index PBase Questions and Answers Photo Gallery Link

Questions and Answers

Photo Gallery Link

Ask if you need help using PBase.
jerseygirl

Photo Gallery Link

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:14 am

I have noticed recently when I try to send out an email with the link to an one individual gallery (I have quite a few galleries) , all the galleries come up when that link is clicked on or put in the web browser. Is this a glitch? It just started happening. I only wanted to share this one gallery but the whole page of galleries now come up when anyone uses that one separate gallery link. Thanks.

This is what is on top of the page:

Non-existent gallery specified in URL. Displaying jerseygirl's root gallery
Linda

dw_thomas

Re: Photo Gallery Link

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:27 am

It sounds/looks as though your emailed link has a problem. PBase redirects to the root gallery when it doesn't find the requested gallery. If you copied and pasted the link, any chance you left the last character off the URL when you copied it (I do stuff like that occasionally!) Or if you typed it, a typo or perhaps an ell vs a one, or a zero vs an oh, isn't hard to do, depending on the font.

DaveT

jerseygirl

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:32 am

No, nothing left off
Linda

dw_thomas

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:55 am

Another thought -- were you just working on that gallery? Did the URL you pasted into the emailed link begin with www.pbase.com? In times gone by I seem to remember while doing some sort of operations, one could get a PBase gallery showing up as starting with some internal server name and such names are temporary, not guaranteed to be repeatable.

For what teeny bit it's worth, I emailed a link to one of my galleries to a friend last night and it works, so such a problem apparently isn't system wide.

DaveT

jerseygirl

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:01 am

No, I haven't added anything in awhile. We had a HS reunion and the link from that gallery worked fine until I sent it out again a few weeks back and it started happening. I tested it sending it to me and it seemed fine but happened again yesterday when I looked at the sent email when I clicked on the link.
Linda

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Photo Gallery Link