Board index PBase Questions and Answers SPAM Comments?

Questions and Answers

SPAM Comments?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
hjsteed

SPAM Comments?

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Hello

Over the past 2 days, I've received over 100 spam comment messages.

Is there any way PBase can stop these recent spam messages that I’ve been receiving?

Can PBase delete them from my inbox?

The volume of these messages is too much for me to delete on an individual basis.

I appreciate your help in fixing this problem.

In the meantime, I'll be checking messages on Pbase’s Forum to check on other Pbase user concerns about the extent of this problem.

With all best wishes,

Hubert

briankarlwerner

Re: SPAM Comments?

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:07 pm

Got a comment today SPAM !!! This also was a comment on one of my pictures that has received high level of hits. See the unusual number of posts thread. I'm posting this there too. Not to happy with Pbase at The Moment!

Is it possible to use images on pbase to send spam??

ashlee
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Hello,

We were experiencing spam comments coming from a specific location. We have blocked the email addresses that were posting these comments. We are also working to remove any comments that have been posted. We're sorry for any inconvience this may have caused. If you are still experiencing spam comments please send us an email at help@pbase.com

Ashlee
PBase Support

pegsam

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks, Ashlee.

I know those things are hard to prevent and I appreciate what level of control I do have to keep the spam from proliferating. And thanks for cleaning those out of my comments --- I wasn't expecting that. Much appreciated.

hjsteed

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks from me too for Ashlee's & PBase's prompt response and action in blocking and cleaning up these Spam Comments!!!

ellisonphotography

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:44 am

It started yesterday afternoon for us. I feared it would continue for at least a few days, but kuddo's to PBase: the problem was solved quickly.
Thank you Ashlee!!

briankarlwerner

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Thank you Ashlee for turning back my comments counter! I could delete the comment but not turn back the counter.

Thanks again,
Brian

Board index PBase Questions and Answers SPAM Comments?