Board index PBase Questions and Answers Google does not find my images

Questions and Answers

Google does not find my images

Ask if you need help using PBase.
tomsmithvaniz

Google does not find my images

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:27 pm

I have around four thousand pictures on line with Pbase and have had galleries for almost 10 years, now, and yet I fail to find a single image from Pbase when using Google, either using my personal name or any of the keywords I use for various images / galleries.

Just now, I wanted to add my name as a keyword to a gallery and it refused !

In fact, Google does find a few of my images but only if I search by using my login, which does not allow spaces or hyphens and is not modifiable. Nobody would ever search for me or my images like this.

Is it possible to change my login name ?
Last edited by tomsmithvaniz on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parpho

Re: Google does not find my images

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:28 pm

Just googled your name and you came up as the first four entries. Over the years i have found that one has to post often to stay on top. During the athletic school year I float at or near the top but a this time of the year I disappear, and I have "The Michael Parkinson" with which to contend.
Cheers,
Michael

fishit

Re: Google does not find my images

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 am

I was reading on some SEO info and before PBase was very well indexed but the Google search treats the _ differently than - in titles.
_ blends all the words as one where as - acts as a separator, Slug uses _ as a title merge it seems.
I would have to find the explanation by Matt Cuttler of Google as to why again to fully explain.
Also the more links to your pictures from white hat sites improve your ranking, PBase still does better than say Smug.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Google does not find my images