Board index PBase Questions and Answers you are not allowed to send messages

Questions and Answers

you are not allowed to send messages

Ask if you need help using PBase.
olivierbruning

you are not allowed to send messages

Post Mon May 12, 2014 7:14 am

The other day I wanted to comment on somebody's picture when an error message appeared saying: you are not allowed to comment....
I thought that maybe I had been declared a persona non grata, but a week later I got a nice comment by that same person.
So I replied to thank her.....when I got another error message saying that I was not allowed to send messages!
I don't get it! Why would somebody comment nicely on my pics and at the same time deny me the possibility to comment on hers or even reply? Is this a Pbase bug maybe?

mardoli

Re: you are not allowed to send messages

Post Tue May 13, 2014 11:32 am

olivierbruning wrote:The other day I wanted to comment on somebody's picture when an error message appeared saying: you are not allowed to comment....
I thought that maybe I had been declared a persona non grata, but a week later I got a nice comment by that same person.
So I replied to thank her.....when I got another error message saying that I was not allowed to send messages!
I don't get it! Why would somebody comment nicely on my pics and at the same time deny me the possibility to comment on hers or even reply? Is this a Pbase bug maybe?

Something like that had already happened to me; maybe it's the right explanation also in this case.
The person you cannot send message to might have clicked by mistake on your name putting you in the blocked list, without realizing that.
My suggestion is asking another member of PBase to contact that person with a private mail to explain the problem, very probably it's just an involuntary wrong manipulation and that person will be glad to have a chance to cancel you from the blocked list.
At least it's what happened to me.
I hope it can help.
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

Board index PBase Questions and Answers you are not allowed to send messages