Board index PBase Questions and Answers Lenses.

Questions and Answers

Lenses.

Ask if you need help using PBase.
john1946

Lenses.

Post Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 am

When posting an image and selecting the lens used to take that image, why does the drop down box still show lenses I haven't owned in years. It's so annoying that those old lenses still show and there seems no way that one can remove them from the list.
Cameras: Panasonic's FZ100 & TZ3, Canon 60D & Canon 400D

My photos: http://www.pbase.com/john1946

dw_thomas

Re: Lenses.

Post Thu May 08, 2014 6:19 pm

Alas, you'll find some earlier threads grumbling about that behavior in this and the Features Request forums. You can't eliminate older cameras either; I once tweaked a shot for a friend and posted it on PBase for her to pick up and I now have some Nikon P&S in my camera list. A camera I nave never even seen, let alone used. Had I realized that would happen, I would have expunged the relevant EXIF data, but alas, too late now. On the other hand, when using the 'Other' and typing in data for camera, lens or film, that doesn't save in the list. As a guy who shoots an assortment of old film gear, I wish it would.

But yes, making the list editable has long been on the list of user requests.

john1946

Post Fri May 09, 2014 11:46 am

If there is some reason why it can't be done surely we should be told why and not ignored.
Cameras: Panasonic's FZ100 & TZ3, Canon 60D & Canon 400D

My photos: http://www.pbase.com/john1946

dw_thomas

Post Fri May 09, 2014 5:49 pm

john1946 wrote:If there is some reason why it can't be done surely we should be told why and not ignored.

True that. It should probably be mentioned that these forums are primarily user groups where we can try to help each other out. There is some evidence that The Management occasionally looks at them, but the theoretical approach to PBase issues is to write to support@pbase.com. I will admit that even that does not necessarily bring help running at double time. And yes, it is a shame they aren't more responsive, as the basic resources here are a good thing. I get the sense this was a hobby project that overwhelmed it's creators with its success, but don't actually know that for certain.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Lenses.