Board index PBase Questions and Answers Cannot Upload Animated GIFs Any More

Questions and Answers

Cannot Upload Animated GIFs Any More

Ask if you need help using PBase.
dsnope

Cannot Upload Animated GIFs Any More

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:51 pm

The "Upload Photos To Gallery" process acts as if it is uploading the file but the file never appears in the gallery. I tried IE and Chrome, same result. I have uploaded GIFs in the past but now they don't work. The last one that worked was on January 23, 2014. Could there be a file size or dimensions limit?

Example GIF that won't upload. I had to put it on Flickr to get it on the web but I really want it on PBase with my other images where it belongs:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78288273@ ... 5/sizes/o/

Update: The last GIF that I successfully uploaded to PBase in January is still in my gallery here http://www.pbase.com/dsnope/image/154229825
I tried to upload this same file again today and it would not work. Something has changed after late January that is causing uploads to fail.

ysoitenly

Re: Cannot Upload Animated GIFs Any More

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:47 am

I'm having the same problem with GIF's. I can't get any to upload. It acts like it's uploading, but I get a message that it doesn't recognize the file. JPEG's will upload fine. I don't know when the problem actually started, but I tried to upload a GIF file on 4/1/14 and that's when I noticed it.

Are you getting this at the top of the PBase page when you try to upload a GIF?

dsnope

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:18 pm

How do we get help with this issue? I someone from PBase supposed to be monitoring this forum to answer questions?

ysoitenly

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:43 pm

I sent an email on 4/1/14 and have been talking with Ashlee since. She is supposed to have the administrator look into it and get back with me.

You may want to use the "Contact PBase" link and let them know that you're having problems too.

1designguy

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Posting here might catch their attention on occasion but always contact and/or email support at help@pbase.com

The forum is always good for getting help from the community if it does not always get to the admins. There are many smart and helpful people active here. You will always at least find out if others are experiencing similar issues.

I did just check one of my gifs and found it working so perhaps it is resolved or at least an isolated issue...

ysoitenly

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:57 pm

1designguy wrote:Posting here might catch their attention on occasion but always contact and/or email support at help@pbase.com

The forum is always good for getting help from the community if it does not always get to the admins. There are many smart and helpful people active here. You will always at least find out if others are experiencing similar issues.

I did just check one of my gifs and found it working so perhaps it is resolved or at least an isolated issue...

I just tried it again and still can't upload GIF's.

If this isn't resolved soon, I'm going to leave PBase and use another image host. What good is it if you can't upload your pics.

Are you listening PBase???

scherrer

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Same problem for me: I tried to upload a 8 Mo. animated *.GIF file. The whole upload time was (IMO) correct, but in the end..... no file was visible !

I just wrote to the Pbase "help-line", asking them to solve the problem...

:(
J-P.

ysoitenly

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:53 am

scherrer wrote:Same problem for me: I tried to upload a 8 Mo. animated *.GIF file. The whole upload time was (IMO) correct, but in the end..... no file was visible !

I just wrote to the Pbase "help-line", asking them to solve the problem...

J-P.

Well, it's been going on about 3 weeks now so I wouldn't get my hopes up on it ever being fixed. I was emailed back on 4/8/14 and told it would be looked into by an administrator. I've heard nothing since. I guess I'm going to move on to another image host.

On 4/8/2014 7:16 PM, PBase.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made a request to have this further looked into by my
> administrator. I will email you back once I've heard from her.
>
> Thanks,
>
> PBase Support

scherrer

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:14 pm

After having writen to the Pbase.com helpline, I received an acknowledgment.... but since then, nothing has changed: I still cannot upload my animated GIF ! All I get at the end of the upload time is "Repaginated the gallery" at the top left of the screen !

J-P.

ysoitenly

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:29 pm

scherrer wrote:After having writen to the Pbase.com helpline, I received an acknowledgment.... but since then, nothing has changed: I still cannot upload my animated GIF ! All I get at the end of the upload time is "Repaginated the gallery" at the top left of the screen !

J-P.

Yep, the same thing I'm getting.

scherrer

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:14 pm

I just received an email from Ashley (from support@pbase.com) saying:

Hello,
I have an update. We have figured out what was happening, the animated .gif's
are getting hung
up in the thumbnail process. The original should be working fine when uploaded
but the
thumbnails aren't generated for larger animated .gif's. We are working on a
solution for the
thumbnails. I will email you once we have resolved this issue.
Thanks,
Ashlee
PBase Support

...so, there is some hope that the problem will get solved soon !

:D
J-P.

ysoitenly

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 am

I got the same email today. Maybe it'll be fixed soon.

1designguy

Post Mon May 12, 2014 8:51 pm

I just tested it again today. Nothing. It still will not upload GIFs (or it doesn't show them once uploaded). All the top of the page indicates is "REPAGNATED" gallery.

scherrer

Post Sun May 25, 2014 6:04 pm

I must say that since the last email from Ashley, on April 29, I didn's see any change... One still can't upload GIF !

Meanwhile we keep paying the annual fee.....

:x
J-P.

pegsam

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:02 am

I am having the same problem. Just tried uploading a gif this evening (31 May 2014) and nothing is added to my gallery. :cry:

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Cannot Upload Animated GIFs Any More