Ask if you need help using PBase.
dsnope

Re: Cannot Upload Animated GIFs Any More

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Same here. Still not working.

pegsam

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Got an email from Ashlee saying the issue has been resolved. I uploaded a gif and.... the issue has been resolved. :D

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:44 pm

my whole front page graphic and info about me along with the animated gif of my images has all been deleted.
I was about to send off a link to give to a business and now my front page looks terrible, no mention of my Reflections by Ruth logo> :x :x

scherrer

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Now it works !

After a few exchanges of emails with Ashley, She told me to use the "new" EDIT page (click on the link inside the little window that appear in the EDIT page)

and from there, you should be able to upload a GIF file without problem ! I just upladed one (of 6.7MB), at http://www.pbase.com/scherrer/image/155938174, and it works OK !

;-)
J-P.

ysoitenly

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:27 am

It's working for me also. Also, I got an email from Ashlee saying the old editor is fixed. Tried it and was able to upload a gif with it. :D

ysoitenly

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:29 pm

reflectionsbyruth wrote:it's not working for me, all my front page coding is gone gone gone :(

I saw your previous post about that. I'm not familiar with the coding your talking about so I don't know what's gone. Have you emailed Ashlee about it?

BTW, I followed your link and you take some beautiful pictures.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 am

yes, I emailed Ashley the day I posted the first message. Was told they are looking to see what happened.

The code is similar to this link, but I had a lot of extra things I wrote and links to my www.reflectionsbyruth.com and I think a few visitor center networks that license my photography
http://www.pbase.com/reflectionsbyruth/buckscountypa

Thanks for the nice compliment on my photos :)

ysoitenly

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:33 am

I see what you mean with the animated gif and your information. I wonder if this happened because of them working on the gif upload problem? Hopefully it's still on their servers and they can get it back the way it was for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Your welcome! I read your Bio a few days ago and saw where you were self taught. You have a great talent for Photography!!!

dsnope

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:46 am

LOL just to give it a test I uploaded a 40MB file. After waiting...and waiting...and waiting... it failed with a message saying that it was over 38.1MB and it wasn't uploaded to prevent abuse.

I did get a 9GB GIF to upload successfully so it is indeed fixed.

scherrer

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:13 pm

dsnope wrote:LOL just to give it a test I uploaded a 40MB file. After waiting...and waiting...and waiting... it failed with a message saying that it was over 38.1MB and it wasn't uploaded to prevent abuse.

I did get a 9GB GIF to upload successfully so it is indeed fixed.

WTH for do you upload such huge files ? Just for knowing if Pbase accepts it, or only for your own use ?

In any case, I'm curious to know what's the use of uploading 9Gb images... as I don't think anyone would have the patience to download them !

:?
J-P.

dw_thomas

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Methinks that was a typo? If 40 MB didn't work, maybe that was 9 MB.

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Cannot Upload Animated GIFs Any More