Board index PBase Questions and Answers HELP!!! Can't upload GIF images!

Questions and Answers

HELP!!! Can't upload GIF images!

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ysoitenly

HELP!!! Can't upload GIF images!

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

For the last two days I haven't been able to upload GIF images. JPEG's will upload fine. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with PBase. I'm using the latest version of Firefox. I even tried it with IE 10 and get the same error.

Can someone please help?

This is the error I'm getting.

Birthday_Fireman.gif is an unrecognized file type. ( gif)

dw_thomas

Re: HELP!!! Can't upload GIF images!

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:32 am

Hmm -- I just tried uploading a .GIF to my gallery without any problem. (I'm currently using Firefox 28.0)

One thought that occurs to me -- any possibility your file is some other type of file labeled as a GIF? If it were not a GIF internal format, I can see that the Magic Elves that pick the bits apart might get befuddled.

(Or maybe they fixed the problem in the last hour or two.)
DaveT

ysoitenly

Re: HELP!!! Can't upload GIF images!

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:51 am

dw_thomas wrote:Hmm -- I just tried uploading a .GIF to my gallery without any problem. (I'm currently using Firefox 28.0)

One thought that occurs to me -- any possibility your file is some other type of file labeled as a GIF? If it were not a GIF internal format, I can see that the Magic Elves that pick the bits apart might get befuddled.

(Or maybe they fixed the problem in the last hour or two.)
DaveT

I still can't upload any of my GIF files. Even the ones that I have uploaded in the past. JPEG's upload fine.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers HELP!!! Can't upload GIF images!