Board index PBase Questions and Answers show numbers of photos in subgalleries

Questions and Answers

show numbers of photos in subgalleries

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kvogelphoto

show numbers of photos in subgalleries

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:03 pm

My gallery is set up so that I have multiple levels of galleries. For example it can go like Birds > Woodpeckers > Yellow-bellied Sapsucker > several pics of this species. When you are going through my gallery it is not apparent what represents a subgallery and what is a photo since the thumbnails use a pic as representative of what is in there. On Flikr I notice they indicate how many pics are in the "subgallery". Is it possible to do this in pbase and/or even how many subgalleries are under that thumbnail representing a lower subgallery? It would make driving down through subgalleries more intuitive.

If this is not a possibility I guess I will have to provide new titles to all my galleries so the title can at least indicate it is a subgallery.

enjayel

Re: show numbers of photos in subgalleries

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Tree view allows users to see the full gallery structure, including the # of pictures in each gallery/subgallery..

If you want to better delineate which thumbnails point to galleries, you can go to "appearances" on your account settings, and change the default to something that works better for you:
Gallery Title Delimiter (e.g., ::TITLE:: or Gallery:TITLE, etc)
These symbols will indicate that the title of a thumbnail refers to a subgallery instead of a single image.

And then, you have the option of putting subgalleries at the beginning or end of the current gallery - you can add that hint to users in the gallery description.

cheers,
nancy

kvogelphoto

Re: show numbers of photos in subgalleries

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Thank you Nancy. That is a partial fix. I didn't know about modifying appearances so I'm slowly learning. Doing that and manually entering the # of pics in the title is giving me what I want with thumbnail view.

Since the number of pics is given in tree view it's somewhat surprising they don't give you that option in thumbnail view.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers show numbers of photos in subgalleries