Board index PBase Questions and Answers Delete camera body/lenses from MY list ?

Questions and Answers

Delete camera body/lenses from MY list ?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
scherrer

Delete camera body/lenses from MY list ?

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi !

Since I started being a Pbase user, more than 10 years ago, I bought and sold many equipment... Now, when I want to fill the camera/lens tab in my images, there's a lot of useless old stuff in the lists... it would be nice to be able to clean them, once in a while !

Is there a way to DELETE the Camera bodies and lenses I don't own anymore ?

Thanks in advance for any tips !

;-:
J-P.

chd8

Re: Delete camera body/lenses from MY list ?

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:54 pm

I make the same request

bassrock

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Same here. I have previously emailed support about this but got no response. As far as I am aware, it is not possible to delete items from your list :(

dw_thomas

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:47 am

Yes, this topic has come up before and as far as i know we can't edit the list. A few years back I tweaked a photo for a friend in Canada and posted it in my non-public gallery for her to pick up. It wasn't until weeks later i discovered I now have a Nikon P&S in my camera list that I have never even had my fingers on (guess I should have vaporized the EXIF). There are also some lenses -- and even some films -- I'd like to see added too.

Relative to some other recent posts, making the camera list editable would be far more interesting to me than making this into yet another social networking site! :shock:

DaveT

kvogelphoto

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:02 pm

I have a couple of things on my lists that were mistakes. I have an author as "k" and one manually entered lens is given in two versions of text. If it is so easy to add things by accident you would think there should be a way to delete it too.

heez10

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:31 pm

I have old lenses I no longer use, I need to delete those and add new ones that are not in the manufacturers list!

john1946

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:08 pm

I tried to get an answer to this years ago and I got nowhere, I too have loads of stuff I'd like to delete some of it going back nearly 10 years.
Cameras: Panasonic's FZ100 & TZ3, Canon 60D & Canon 400D

My photos: http://www.pbase.com/john1946

scherrer

Post Sun May 25, 2014 5:54 pm

I don't think it's such a hard job to implement an option to delete lenses (and camera bodies) from our own list....

I believe it's only a lack of real interest in the users opinions/will from the Pbase team !

Some times age, I received 2 nice emails from one person of the staff, saying they would soon find a solution, but..... nothing has moved !

Meanwhile.... we still pay our annual fee !?!?!

Pity :roll: !

J-P.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Delete camera body/lenses from MY list ?